Adurthi Subba Rao (film director)
On this page:
Who is Adurthi Subba Rao?
Adurthi Subba Rao, was an Indian film director, cinematographer, screenwriter, editor and producer known for his works predominantly in Telugu cinema. Rao is widely regarded as the intellectual fountain head of Indian drama films. He has also directed bollywood, Tamil and Kannada films. He has garnered ten National Film Awards.
- also known as A. Subba Rao, A. Subha Rao, Subba Rao
- born on (102 years ago) in Rajahmundry, child of Sathanna Panthulu and Rajalakshmamma Panthulu
- nationality: India
- profession: Film director, film producer, screenwriter, film editor
- Marriage with Kameswari Bala until
- died on (40 years ago) in Chennai
- films written:
- film produced: Aadarsa Kutumbam
- films directed:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Certificate of Merit for Second Best Feature Film in Telugu - "Thodi Kodallu", with Annapoorna Pictures Pvt Ltd.
- Certificate of Merit (Telugu Feature Film) - "Mangalya Balam", with Annapoorna Pictures Pvt Ltd.
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu - "Nammina Bantu", with Sambhu Films
- Certificate of Merit for Third Best Feature Film in Tamil - "Kumudam", with Modern Theatres
- Certificate of Merit for Third Best Feature Film in Telugu - "Mooga Manasulu", with C. Sundaram
- Certificate of Merit for Third Best Feature Film in Telugu - "Manushulu Mamathalu", with Kotayya Pratyagatma
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu - "Sudigundalu", with Chakravarthi Chitra
- nominated to Filmfare Award for Best Director - "Milan"
- Filmfare Award for Best Film – Telugu - "Sudigundalu", with Akkineni Nageswara Rao
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adurthi Subba Rao (film director)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Adurthi Subba Rao for some fun with words!