On this page:
- Definition of the adjective advancing
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Advancing
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Advancing
- Photos about Advancing
- Video language resources about Advancing
- Quotes about Advancing
- Scrabble value of A1D2V4A1N1C3I1N1G2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective advancing
What does advancing mean as an attribute of a noun?
- moving forward
- examples: The army was advancing in the wrong direction. | I am afraid we are advancing in the wrong direction. | Its business is advancing quite well. | The fun thing about this job is that the technology is continually advancing so it continues to be stimulating. | Press freedom is advancing.
- synonyms of advancing: forward / forward-moving
- similar: progressive
Advancing is a glacier status.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Advancing
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary of Aviation (1911)
by Robert Morris Pierce
advancing edge, an edge which advances or precedes another; the front edge of a sustainingsplane or other aerofoil ; the leading edge : the epposit of following edge. following edge , ...
The Source Code (The Ultimate Spiritual Guide to Dream Interpretation) by KAYA
isan energy resourcethat facilitates advancing, butwhich, sooner orlater,must be replacedbyahealthier form ofenergy that is more environmentally friendly, safer, equitableandsustainable. Lackofgas(petrol) ...
by George William Johnson
advancing crops.Beets, thin, &c.—Borecole, plant; sow, b., ...
A Compendium of Contemporary Biblical Scholarship by Tremper Longman III, Peter Enns
has noted the inadequacy of that term and suggested that this form of parallelism is better represented by the term “ advancing parallelism.” What makes the category distinct from synonymous or antithetic ...
by Equine Research
Advancing keratoma. This cylindrical growth begins at the coronet and advances down . 2–36. Advancing keratoma. This cylindrical growth begins at the coronet and advances down . 2–36. Advancing keratoma. This cylindrical growth begins ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
indication, prediction, prophesy, warning advance of money imprest advance party vanguard advance payment ante, stake advance showing of forthcoming film preview advance slowly crawl advancing onward, progression advancing by ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Advancing
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Advancing
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Advancing
Click on an item to play that video:
- Advancing Vocabulary Skills Chapter19&28 Spring 2014
- Rush Limbaugh trashes libertarians for advancing "very broad definition of freedom"
Educational purposes only. Broadcast Rush Limbaugh Show 3-18-13.
- Download Answers To Advancing Vocabulary Skills 4th Edition PDF
- Download ADVANCING VOCABULARY SKILLS 4TH EDITION ANSWERS PDF
- 2011 Frontiers of Engineering: Advancing Natural Language Understanding
National Academy of Engineering 2011 U.S. Frontiers of Engineering Symposium September 19-21, 2011 Google, Inc. Mountain View, California Advancing ...
- PG West 2010: Scott McNealy on Advancing the Language of Computers through Open Source
See also the pronunciation examples of Advancing!
Quotes about Advancing
The man whose acquisitions stick is the man who is always achieving and advancing whilst his neighbors, spending most of their time in relearning what they once knew but have forgotten, simply hold their own. (William James)
more quotes about advancing...
Scrabble value of A1D2V4A1N1C3I1N1G2
The value of this 9-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Advancing to see it in context!