Adventures Of Captain Marvel
On this page:
- "Adventures of Captain Marvel" is a 1941 twelve-chapter Republic Pictures film serial directed by John English and William Witney, adapted from the popular Captain Marvel comic book character then appearing in Fawcett Comics publications such as Whiz Comics and Captain Marvel Adventures. It starred Tom Tyler in the title role of Captain Marvel and Frank Coghlan, Jr. as his alter ego, Billy Batson.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- directors: William Witney & John English
- written by Norman S. Hall, Ronald Davidson, Sol Shor & Joseph F. Poland
- based on "Captain Marvel" by C. C. Beck & Bill Parker
- cinematography by William Nobles
- music by Cy Feuer
- genres: Black-and-white, Family, Superhero movie, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Drama
- released on (73 years ago)
- Adventures of Captain Marvel: The serial featured an adaptation of the Fawcett Comics superhero, placed within an original story in which he fights a criminal mastermind, called The Scorpion, who is determined to gain total control of a magical gold scorpion figurine. It is actually a disguised optical weapon of incredible power. Billy Batson is an assistant radio operator with the Malcolm archaeological expedition to "the Valley of the Tombs" in Siam. The expedition is attacked by natives but Tal Chotali parleys with Rahman Bar. A sacred legend states no desecration will occur until the volcano, Scorpio, is active again. At the tombs, Billy refuses to enter the inner tomb as it would desecrate the religious beliefs of others. Instead he goes to pack pottery in another tunnel. In the inner tomb, Tal Chotali, Prof Malcolm, Prof Luthor Bentley.
- begun on (61 years ago)
- regular cast: Tom Tyler
- genres: Science Fiction, Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Action, Adventure Film
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Adventures Of Captain Marvel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Supernatural and Science Fiction Elements in Novels, Pulps, Comics, Films, Television and Games, 2d ed. by Paul Green
The adventures of Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel ...
by Geoff Mayer
The Adventures of Captain Marvel was produced during a period when serial production at Republic was at its peak. It was blessed with quality directors such as William Witney and John English, stunt men such as Dave Sharpe, who doubled ...
The Encyclopedia of Fantasy (1999)
by John Clute, John Grant
This was the version of CM who appeared in the serial movie Adventures of Captain Marvel (1941; dir John English, William Witney; ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
Francen, Agnes Moorehead, Howard Vernon, Reggie Nalder P & D: William Marshall SCR: Errol Flynn Standard adventure-thriller: Sea captain in New Orleans rescues vengeful Creole servant girl The Adventures of Captain Marvel 7966.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adventures Of Captain Marvel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Adventures Of Captain Marvel
ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN MARVEL
Photo credit: Huysamen Engelbrecht