On this page:
- Definition of the noun adverbial
- Definition of the adjective adverbial
- Phrases with Adverbial
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adverbial
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adverbial
- Video language resources about Adverbial
- Scrabble value of A1D2V4E1R1B3I1A1L1
- Anagrams of ADVERBIAL
- Share this page
Definition of the noun adverbial
What does adverbial mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: adverbials
- a word or group of words function as an adverb
Alternative definition of the noun adverbial
- [grammar] an adverbial word or phrase
Definition of the adjective adverbial
What does adverbial mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of or relating to or functioning as an adverb
- example: adverbial syntax
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
Adverbial: In grammar an adverbial is a word or a group of words that modifies or tells us something about the sentence or the verb.
- also known as 狀語
Phrases with Adverbial
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adverbial
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
adverbial /ad'v3:bral/ adjective Adverbial means relating to, or like, ...
by Bas Aarts, Sylvia Chalker, Edmund Weiner
Including Punctuation and Usage by Gordon Winch
Adverbial Phrase Adverb of Manner Tells how something is done. They spoke softly. Adverb of Place Tells where something is done. Please sit here. Adverb of Time Tells when something is done. / will see you tomorrow. Adverb An adverb ...
by Jack C. Richards, Richard W. Schmidt
see also adverbial, adverb particle, adverbial clause, adjunct adverbial n, adj any word, phrase, or clause that functions like an adverb. An adverb is a ...
by R.L. Trask
adverbial 10 adverbs with rather distinctive properties, known as sentence adverbs. Adj. adverbial. NOTE: traditional grammar, with its paucity of lexical categories, conventionally assigns to the category Adverb the degree modifiers like very, ...
The Heart of the Curriculum by Dr Margaret Mallett
Adverbs can be divided into groups: Table 1 Time: soon, tomorrow, immediately Frequency: occasionally, sometimes, often Place: inside, near, here Manner: effectively, skilfully, swiftly ADVERBIAL CLAUSE See also: adverb, clause, fronted ...
by Larry Trask
adverbial Any phrase in a sentence which is functionally similar to an adverb in that it modifies the action in respect of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adverbial
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Adverbial
Click on an item to play that video:
- Adverbial Meaning
Video shows what adverbial means. of or relating to an adverb. adverbial pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. adverbial ...
- Advanced Breton tips - the meaning of the adverbial "hag all"
- Unit 59. Participle Clauses With Adverbial Meaning 2
- Unit 58. Participle Clauses With Adverbial Meaning 1
- English Grammar - Adjectival Adverbial & Noun Phrases, their use
See also the pronunciation examples of Adverbial!
Scrabble value of A1D2V4E1R1B3I1A1L1
The value of this 9-letter word is 15 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADVERBIAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Adverbial!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adverbial to see it in context!