The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun advertizement:
On this page:
Definition of the noun advertizement
What does advertizement mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: advertizements
- a public promotion of some product or service
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- alternative spelling: advertisement
- synonyms of advertizement: ad / advert / advertising / advertizing
- more generic terms: packaging / promo / promotion / promotional material / publicity = a message issued in behalf of some product or cause or idea or person or institution
- more specific terms:
- direct mail = advertising sent directly to prospective customers via the mail
- preview / trailer / prevue = an advertisement consisting of short scenes from a motion picture that will appear in the near future
- advertorial = an advertisement that is written and presented in the style of an editorial or journalistic report
- mailer = an advertisement that is sent by mail
- newspaper advertisement / newspaper ad = a printed advertisement that is published in a newspaper
- commercial message / commercial = a commercially sponsored ad on radio or television
- broadsheet / broadside / throwaway / circular / handbill / flier / flyer / bill = an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution
- teaser = an advertisement that offers something free in order to arouse customers' interest
- top billing = the advertisement of a star's name at the top of a theatrical poster
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Advertizement
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Current Opinion (1918)
The third advertizement is an explanation of “America's substitute for' war—after this one is ended right,” and reads like this: “What we are fighting you for is to propose a substitute to you for what we are doing now. What we are fighting you for ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney (1903)
advertizement, advertizment advisable: advizabl advise: advize advisement: advizement advisory: advizory adze, adz: adz affable: affabl affective: affectiv affirmed: affirmd affirmable: affirmabl affirmative: affirmativ affixed: affixt AMENDED ...
by George Haggerty, Bonnie Zimmerman
The Herald rejected the GALZ advertizement, stating that the newspaper was a “ family” paper. As of 1998 GALZ still could not advertize its counseling facility. GALZ has gone from a little-known organization in southern Africa to one that is ...
by Paul Zollo
adjutant admonishment adolescent adornment adulterant advancement advertent advertisement advertizement advisement affluent affront agent agglutinant aggrandizement agreement ailment alignment allegement allegiant allotment ...
Including Atlas of the World and Cyclopedia of Names
adoptiv adorable: adorabl adorned: adornd adulterine : adulterin adventuresome: adventureSulna adversative: adversativ advertise, -ize: advertize advertisement: advertizement, advertizment advisable : advizabl advise : advize advisement: ...
The Chambers Dictionary (1998)
or (esp IS} advertizement (-fir- or -fir') the act of advertising; a public notice, usu with the purpose of informing and or changing public attitudes and behaviour (colloi/ short farm ad or ad vert): a short ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Advertizement
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Advertizement
Click on an item to view that photo:
A 'Plane' Advertizement
Photo credit: Random Retail
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of A1D2V4E1R1T1I1Z10E1M3E1N1T1
The value of this 13-letter word is 28 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Advertizement to find many related words and phrases!