The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun advertizing:
On this page:
Definition of the noun advertizing
What does advertizing mean as a name of something?
- a public promotion of some product or service
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- alternative spelling: advertising
- synonyms of advertizing: ad / advert / advertisement / advertizement
- more generic terms: packaging / promo / promotion / promotional material / publicity = a message issued in behalf of some product or cause or idea or person or institution
- more specific terms:
- direct mail = advertising sent directly to prospective customers via the mail
- preview / trailer / prevue = an advertisement consisting of short scenes from a motion picture that will appear in the near future
- advertorial = an advertisement that is written and presented in the style of an editorial or journalistic report
- mailer = an advertisement that is sent by mail
- newspaper advertisement / newspaper ad = a printed advertisement that is published in a newspaper
- commercial message / commercial = a commercially sponsored ad on radio or television
- broadsheet / broadside / throwaway / circular / handbill / flier / flyer / bill = an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution
- teaser = an advertisement that offers something free in order to arouse customers' interest
- top billing = the advertisement of a star's name at the top of a theatrical poster
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Advertizing
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Max H. Kirsch
Advertizing is the greatest force at work against the traditional economy of an age -long poverty as well as that of our own pioneer period; it is almost the only force at work against Puritanism in consumption. It can infuse art into the things of life, ...
External Influences (2002)
Advertizing is an indicator of impending recession.
by Sir Richard Phillips
The original London Gazette eontinues a mere offieial and authentieated advertizing paper ; published twiee a week. GELATIN, an animal substanee, of whieh glue and isinglass are examples. GEM, any preeious stone. GEMINI, (n) the twins, ...
British and American by Eric Partridge
*rag-front, ' a tent show; the banners and signs advertizing itis circus and carnivals.¦not c. Godfrey Irwin, 1931. rag(-)gorger (or gorgy). 'Rag- Gorgy, a rich or monied man, but generally used in conversation when a particular ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Advertizing
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Advertizing
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Advertizing
ADverb and NMiMS Paragana'13 present IAL-Indian Advertizing League
See also the pronunciation examples of Advertizing!
Scrabble value of A1D2V4E1R1T1I1Z10I1N1G2
The value of this 11-letter word is 25 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Advertizing to find many related words and phrases!