The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun advertizing:
On this page:
Definition of the noun advertizing
What does advertizing mean as a name of something?
- a public promotion of some product or service
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- alternative spelling: advertising
- synonyms of advertizing: ad / advert / advertisement / advertizement
- more generic terms: packaging / promo / promotion / promotional material / publicity = a message issued in behalf of some product or cause or idea or person or institution
- more specific terms:
- direct mail = advertising sent directly to prospective customers via the mail
- preview / trailer / prevue = an advertisement consisting of short scenes from a motion picture that will appear in the near future
- advertorial = an advertisement that is written and presented in the style of an editorial or journalistic report
- mailer = an advertisement that is sent by mail
- newspaper advertisement / newspaper ad = a printed advertisement that is published in a newspaper
- commercial message / commercial = a commercially sponsored ad on radio or television
- broadsheet / broadside / throwaway / circular / handbill / flier / flyer / bill = an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution
- teaser = an advertisement that offers something free in order to arouse customers' interest
- top billing = the advertisement of a star's name at the top of a theatrical poster
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Advertizing
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Rock Products (1906)
advertizing is the one means of letting the world know who you are ...
by Ph. D Newmark
Advertizing pillar (Litfass was the inventor) [G] lithocolla. Cement or adhesive used by gem cutters [Gk] lithoglyph. An engraved gem [Gk] lithos. Stone [Gk] lithostrotum.
by Hugh Rawson, Margaret Miner
The advertizing catch phrase to describe the result is “loyalty beyond reason,” coined by Kevin Roberts, CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi. The brands that evoke this loyalty are “love- brands” or “Lovemarks.” Advice See also WISDOM, WORDS OF .
by Steven R. Serafin, Alfred Bendixen
has come to see Barnum's games refined into the subtler arts of advertizing, public relations, and televangelism. Our liars have become bigger and CONNELL CONNELL more sophisticated, and the need for the fictionalized 211 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Advertizing
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Advertizing
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: amarette.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Advertizing
ADverb and NMiMS Paragana'13 present IAL-Indian Advertizing League
See also the pronunciation examples of Advertizing!
Scrabble value of A1D2V4E1R1T1I1Z10I1N1G2
The value of this 11-letter word is 25 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Advertizing to find many related words and phrases!