Advise And Consent
On this page:
"Advise And Consent" a.k.a. "Advise & Consent": Advise & Consent is a 1962 American motion picture based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel of the same name by Allen Drury, published in 1959.
- read more about Advise & Consent
- "Advise and Consent" a.k.a. "Advise and Consent: A Novel of Washington Politics": Advise and Consent is a 1959 political novel by Allen Drury that explores the United States Senate confirmation of controversial Secretary of State nominee Robert Leffingwell who is a former member of the Communist Party. The novel won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1960 and was followed by Drury's A Shade of Difference in 1962 and four additional sequels.
- read more about Advise and Consent: A Novel of Washington Politics
- "Advise and Consent" is a play by Loring Mandel.
"Advise and Consent" is an artwork (color lithograph) by Saul Bass, begun in (54 years ago).
- media: color lithograph
Advise and Consent is a 1960 theater production of the play by Loring Mandel.
- award: - Tony Award for Best Scenic Design of a Play nomination for Rouben Ter-Arutunian
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Advise And Consent
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopedia of North American Indian Wars, 1607–1890: A Political, Social, and Military History [3 volumes] (2011)
A Political, Social, and Military History by Spencer C. Tucker
And whereas, the said treaty having been submitted the Senate of the United States for the constitutional action thereon, the Senate did, on the sixteenth day of February, one thousand eight hundred and sixty-nine, advise and consent to the ...
An Encyclopedia by Gary Giroux
The Senate was given the right to “advise and consent” on all treaties. No business regulation beyond the assumption of common law traditions adapted from Britain was included.
by Brian Cogan, Tony Kelso
Otto Preminger's Advise and Consent (1962) about a beleaguered nominee for secretary of state (Henry Fonda) also gleefully skewered the left and right as blocking consensus on important issues, while holding out hopes that compromise is ...
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
for Handicapped Developmentally Disabled Persons PAAF: Preadmissions Assessment Form PAC: preauthorized check PAC: Preadmission Certificate PACE: performance and costefficiency PACE: Program Advise and Consent Encounter ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Advise And Consent
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Advise And Consent
Advise and consent
Photo credit: allaboutgeorge
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Advise And Consent to see it in context!