The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun advisor:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun advisor
- Phrases with Advisor
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Advisor
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Advisor
- Photos about Advisor
- Video language resources about Advisor
- Quotes about Advisor
- Scrabble value of A1D2V4I1S1O1R1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun advisor
What does advisor mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: advisors
- an expert who gives advice
- example: the United States sent military advisors to Guatemala
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- alternative spelling: adviser
- synonym of advisor: consultant
- more generic word: authority = an expert whose views are taken as definitive
- more specific terms:
- friend of the court / amicus curiae = an adviser to the court on some matter of law who is not a party to the case
- brain truster / backroom boy = an expert adviser involved in making important decisions but usually lacking official status
- beauty consultant = someone who gives you advice about your personal appearance
- counsellor / counselor = someone who gives advice about problems
- agricultural agent / extension agent / county agent = an advisor employed by the government to assist people in rural areas with methods of farming and home economics
- fashion consultant / fashionmonger = someone who advises you about fashionable clothing
- investment adviser / investment advisor = someone who advises others how to invest their money
- management consultant = adviser to business about efficient management practices
- media consultant / media guru = someone who advises about the use of communication media
- military adviser / military advisor = a military officer who serves as an adviser to the troops of an allied nation
- security consultant = an adviser about alarm systems to prevent burglaries
- starets = a religious adviser (not necessarily a priest) in the Eastern Orthodox Church
- tipster / tout = one who sells advice about gambling or speculation
- The Advisor is a supervillain in Marvel Comics' shared universe, the Marvel Universe. He is an enemy of Iron Man and his partner, War Machine. Little is known about his background, except that he is a terrorist with a talent for causing mass mayhem. He is considered to be the archenemy of War Machine, despite his limited appearances.
- Advisor a.k.a. Councillor is a fictional character from the 2013 drama film The Passion of Michelangelo.
- read more about Councillor
- Advisor is a fictional character from the 2011 film Dragon.
- Advisor is a fictional character from the 2010 drama film Milar.
- Advisor is a fictional character from the 2009 film Moonlight Serenade.
- Advisor is a fictional character from the 2004 film Wild Roomies.
- Advisor is a fictional film character.
There are other characters with in their name, like Military advisor.
- Advisor is a board member title, job title, fictional job title, leadership role, project role.
- Advisor is a job title.
Phrases with Advisor
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Advisor
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mirza Baig, Liam Dowds, Silviano Gaona, Paulo Neto, Gaston Rius, Megan Gilge, IBM Redbooks
The IBM b-type Gen 5 Fibre Channel directors and switches can be managed in several ways: IBM Network Advisor is a software management platform that unifies network management for SAN and converged networks. It integrates the SAN ...
proceedings by Chiel Boonstra, Ronald Rovers, Susanne Pauwels
Green Building Advisor is an educational and professional software tool for architects and designers who want to create...
Make Yourself a Millionaire (2003)
by Charles Zhang, Lynn Zhang
A financial advisor is the third party to your financial situation. Just like...
Recognizing the need for a financial advisor is the first step to taking control of your finances and increasing your wealth. Selecting the proper advisor is a harder task.
by Adam Jorgensen, Steven Wort, Ross LoForte, Brian Knight
System Center Advisor is the result of a lot of effort by folks who work with SQL Server and the SQL teams within PSS to deliver a more effective tool for validating SQL Server configurations. System Center Advisor is a cloud-based ...
Wellness Through Visualization: Easyread Edition by Ellen Curran
inner advisor is the liaison between the conscious and the subconscious mind and is a powerful concept and tool. In imagery, the guidance from the inner advisor figure makes our unconscious minds more accessible. The inner advisor is a ...
Nursing Practice (2014)
Knowledge and Care by Ian Peate, Karen Wild, Muralitharan Nair
The School Health Advisor is a qualified nurse, who has undertaken specialist training around public health and health...
For Students and Their Advisors in Education, Human Services and Social Science by Sari Knopp Biklen, Ronnie Casella
DISSERTATION ADVISORS Your dissertation advisor is an important person in your life. You want to work with someone who is knowledgeable and experienced but who is also supportive. You want someone who will help you to write the ...
by Steven G. Rogelberg
an expert advisor giving advice to a relatively novice decision maker), or personal characteristics that denote experience (e.g., older or more educated ...
by Kate Shoup, Kate J. Chase
To restrict what types of Internet sites and other Web resources are available on your PC, enable Internet Explorer 7's Content Advisor tool. Content Advisor uses ratings provided voluntarily by Web sites to block or allow certain content, ...
by Robert Andrew Wilson, Frank C. Keil
A prime case is constituted by quantified NPs like "a student" or "every advisor" ( see QUANTIFIERS). Consider (19): (19) Kim introduced a new student to every advisor. This sentence has roughly the following two interpretations: (20) a.
by E. Banks
INDEPENDENT ADVISOR A FINANCIAL ADVISOR that is licensed to provide financial advice to clients, is not affiliated with a specific BANK or financial institution, and is not required to sell products or services of any single institution.
An Encyclopedia of American Espionage by Glenn Peter Hastedt
National Security Advisor The National Security Council came into existence as a result of the National Security Act of 1947. Under President Harry Truman, the National Security Council was directed by Sidney Souers who held the title of ...
by Neil J. Salkind
To help those new to statistics and this particular software package, the Statistica help menu contains an electronic manual, a glossary, a statistical advisor, and links to animated help videos. The electronic manual provides numerous ...
by Abraham Pizam
The Private Club Advisor (PCA), established in 1990, produces timely information that is specific to the private club industry that can be found in the publications of ( a) The Private Club Advisor and (b) PCA Plus. The Private Club Advisor (PCA) ...
by Wang, Victor C.X.
individual sessions, closed group chat sessions, an advisor blog, Facebook group account, ...
Volume 37 - Supplement 22: Artificial Intelligence and Object-Oriented Technologies to Searching: An Algorithmic Tour by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
DRAIR Advisor The Deficiency Report Analysis Information Reports (DRAIRs) Advisor, developed by the Southwest Research Institute and U.S. Air Force Materiel Command, is an automated system for the preparation of reports which provide ...
by John Ankerberg, John Weldon
One of the most dramatic techniques we have used involves what is known as " the inner advisor." This technique, popularized by Irving Oyle (1976) and Samuels and Bennett (1973), is utilized by many health practitioners. By creating and ...
Volume 70 - Supplement 33 by Allen Kent
ADVISOR: AN. INTELLIGENT. COMPUTERIZED. EVALUATION. AND. PRIORITIZATION. OF. PLANS. The decision process used by military commanders focuses on evaluating various military options, prioritizing those deemed feasible, and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Advisor
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Advisor
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Advisor
Click on an item to play that video:
- RA Sessions: David August - The Definition of Happiness | Resident Advisor
Visit the Resident Advisor feature page...
- Fee Only Planner/Advisor Definition (GoodFinancialCents.com)
What is the definition of a Fee Only Planner? Financial advisors have many different titles and descriptions; it's important to understand the difference. The follow ...
- Advisor Meaning
Video shows what advisor means. one who offers advice. Advisor Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say advisor. Powered by ...
- Allen Financial Advisor - Meaning That Isn't There
- Fee Based Financial Advisor/Planner Definition (GoodFinancialCents.com)
When choosing which financial planner to work with, it's important to understand how they get paid. One type of advisor is a fee-based financial advisor who can ...
- 2012 Dr. Robert Brooks Definition of Resiliency and the Charismatic Advisor
- 'Green Jobs' definition too broad, says President's Science Advisor John Holdren
House Science Committee Hearing titled: The Office of Science and Technology Policy: Examining Priorities and Effectiveness of the Nation's Science Policies ...
- Terminology You Should Know When Meeting With Your Financial Advisor by Scott Storick
- Terminology You Should Know When Meeting With Your Financial Advisor by Scott Storick
This presentation goes over the ten words you should know before meeting with your financial advisor.
- Personal Financial Advisor Career Information : Personal Financial Advisor Job Description
A personal financial advisor's job description is providing financial guidance regarding savings and investments. Get a complete job description from a certified ...
- Audio Advisor Review - MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL Loudspeaker
Audio Advisor takes a detailed look at the features, specifications, and performance of the MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL Loudspeaker with Dennis Chern, ...
- Speaking their language - Financial advisor version
Do financial advisors and asset managers bother to calculate progress against the real goals that matter to investors? For many, the answer is not so much.
- FM 1Expert Advisor (eur/aud) EN language
- FM 1 Expert Advisor (persian language) 2 gbp/usd
- Job Description For A Legal Advisor
- FM1 Expert Advisor (eur/aud) persian language 3 of 1 serial
- FM Expert Advisor ( english language)1 serial
the best porofilo at the bigest economy market.
- FM Expert Advisor (persian language)1 Serial
This is a profitable automatic system at forex .
- FM1 Expert Advisor gbp/usd EN language
this is a profitable system at the biggest economic market (forex)
- FM1 Expert Advisor eur.jpy 4 from serial 1 (persian language)the
- Financial Advisor's Job Description
See also the pronunciation examples of Advisor!
Quotes about Advisor
Scrabble value of A1D2V4I1S1O1R1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Advisor to see it in context!