The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun advocator:
On this page:
Definition of the noun advocator
What does advocator mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: advocators
- a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of advocator: advocate / exponent / proponent
- more generic words: individual / mortal / person / somebody / someone / soul = a human being
- more specific words:
- vindicator / apologist / justifier = a person who argues to defend or justify some policy or institution
- constitutionalist = an advocate of constitutional government
- Darwinian = an advocate of Darwinism
- democrat = an advocate of democratic principles
- populist = someone who advocates the rights of the common people over those of the elite
- federalist = an advocate of federalism
- Gnostic = an advocate of Gnosticism
- humanitarian / humanist = an advocate of the principles of humanism
- ideologist / ideologue = an advocate of some ideology
- internationalist = an advocate of internationalism
- irredentist / irridentist = an advocate of irredentism
- isolationist = an advocate of isolationism in international affairs
- Jansenist = an advocate of Jansenism
- libertarian = an advocate of libertarianism
- Maoist = an advocate of Maoism
- Marxist = an advocate of Marxism
- nationalist = an advocate of national independence of or a strong national government
- neoclassicist = an advocate of neoclassicism
- neutralist = an advocate of neutrality in international affairs
- nullifier = an advocate of nullification
- drumbeater / partisan / zealot = a fervent and even militant proponent of something
- partitionist = an advocate of partitioning a country
- Platonist = an advocate of Platonism
- pro-lifer = an advocate of full legal protection for embryos and fetuses
- presenter / sponsor = an advocate who presents a person
- protectionist = an advocate of protectionism
- republican = an advocate of a republic
- ritualist = an advocate of strict observance of ritualistic forms
- ruralist = an advocate of rural living
- secessionist = an advocate of secessionism
- secularist = an advocate of secularism
- separationist / separatist = an advocate of secession or separation from a larger group
- representative / spokesperson / interpreter / voice = an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose
- suffragist = an advocate of the extension of voting rights
- protagonist / supporter / champion / admirer / booster / friend = a person who backs a politician or a team etc.
- supremacist = a person who advocates the supremacy of some particular group or racial group over all others
- teleologist = advocate of teleology
- Thatcherite = an advocate of Thatcherism
- unilateralist = an advocate of unilateralism
Alternative definition of the noun advocator
- One who advocates.
Advocator is an Horse.
- born in (53 years ago)
Advocator a.k.a. The High Priest was the chief religious official of Israelite religion and of classical Judaism from the rise of the Israelite nation until the destruction of the Second Temple of Jerusalem. The high priests belonged to the Jewish priestly families that trace their paternal line back to Aaron, the first high priest and elder brother of Moses.
- also known as Kohen Gadol, High Priest of Israel
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Advocator
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
How a Social Business Strategy Enables Better Content, Smarter Marketing, and Deeper Customer Relationships by Michael Brito
6, Social Advocator is a browser plugin compatible with Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Advocates are notified when there is new content that they can share, and they can simply click a browser icon to ...
With Short Explanations of the Most Ordinary English Law Terms by William Bell (d.1839)
the advocator is entitled, ten days after the date of passing ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney (1903)
advocator (ad'vö-kā-tor), n .
A Work of Universal Reference in All Departments of Knowledge, with a New Atlas of the World by William Dwight Whitney
advocator (ad'vo-ka-tgr), n. [< LL. advocator an advocate, < L. advocare: see advocate, n.
Encyclopedia of Geography (2010)
by Barney Warf
Reclus was also an early advocator for environmental preservation. Peter Kropotkin (1842–1921) was a Russian prince, high-ranking military officer, and physical geographer, who credited fieldwork in Siberia with readying him to become an ...
by Oliver Leaman
the famous advocator of ' Eastern morality and Western technology', and one of the most competent scholars of rangaku. Following Shozan's advice, Nishimura soon began to study Dutch.
by Thomas E. Zurinskas
adversarial ~adverssaireeyool - adversarial ~advertiez - advertise ~advukaet - advocate ~advukaeter - advocator ~advukusee - advocacy ~advvantij - advantage ~advvants - advance ~advvantsmint - advancement ~advvencher - adventure ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Advocator
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Advocator
Video shows what advocator means. One who advocates.. Advocator Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say advocator. Powered ...
Scrabble value of A1D2V4O1C3A1T1O1R1
The value of this 9-letter word is 15 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Advocator to find many related words and phrases!