On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective Ae
What does Ae mean as an attribute of a noun?
- See one.
Other definitions of Ae
What does Ae also mean?
- Country code for the United Arab Emirates.
- At the age of; aged.
- [mathematics] Almost everywhere.
- Variant of æ.
- Ae a.k.a. The United Arab Emirates, sometimes simply called the Emirates or the UAE, is a country located in the southeast end of the Arabian Peninsula on the Persian Gulf, bordering Oman to the east and Saudi Arabia to the south, as well as sharing sea borders with Qatar and Iran. In 2013, the UAE's total population was 9.2 million, of which 1.4 million are Emirati citizens and 7.8 million are expatriates from around the world.
- also known as UAE, Emirates
- founded on (43 years ago)
- part of Asia, Arabian Peninsula, Middle East, Arab world, Eurasia, Southern Sun Hotel Group, Arabia, Gulf States
- instance of: Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- member of: Arab League = an international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation; OPEC / Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries = an organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum
- read more about United Arab Emirates (country)
- Ae is a village in Dumfries and Galloway, south west Scotland. The village is located within a conifer forest of more than 15,000 acres, and is approximately 9 miles north of Dumfries.
- AE is a Postal Code.
- ae a.k.a. Autechre are an English electronic music duo consisting of Rob Brown and Sean Booth, both from Rochdale, Greater Manchester. Formed in 1987, they are one of the most prominent acts signed to Warp Records, a label known for its pioneering electronic music and through which all Autechre albums have been released.
- read more about Autechre
- AE a.k.a. George William Russell who wrote with the pseudonym Æ, was an Irish writer, editor, critic, poet, artistic painter and Irish nationalist. He was also a mysticism writer, and a personage of a group of devotees of theosophy in Dublin for many years.
- read more about George William Russell
- Ae a.k.a. Maneerat Kham-uan is an actress.
- read more about Maneerat Kham-uan (actress)
- Ae a.k.a. Savinee Pakaranang: สาวิณี ประการะนัง หรือ จ๊ะเอ๋ อดีตนางสาวไทยคนที่ 22 ประจำปี พ.ศ. 2527 เป็นนางสาวไทยคนแรกในรอบ 11 ปี หลังจากงดเว้นการประกวดภายหลังเหตุการณ์ 14 ตุลา ตั้งแต่ พ.ศ. 2516 ถึง พ.ศ.
Ae a.k.a. Æ is a musical group.
- albums: "MÆXIMVS", "Something On Your Neck", "Toko"
- Ae a.k.a. Air Europe was a wholly privately owned, independent British airline, established in 1978 under the working title Inter European Airways. It adopted the Air Europe name the following year. Its head office was in Reigate, Surrey, then in Crawley, West Sussex.
- Ae a.k.a. Mandarin Airlines is an airline based in Taipei, Republic of China. The Taiwanese carrier operates domestic and regional international flights, while its parent company focusses on the inter-national/-continental operations. Charter services are also operated by the company. Its other main hub is the Taichung Airport.
- also known as 華信航空
- official website: www.mandarin-airlines.com
- Ae a.k.a. Air Ceylon was the flag carrier airline of Sri Lanka from 1947 until 1978, when it was replaced by Air Lanka.
- Ae a.k.a. Æ is a record label.
- Ae a.k.a. æ is a record label, defunct organization.
- AE a.k.a. AE Absolute Excellence is a brand of Federal-Mogul Group. AE brand was established in 1968.
- read more about AE Absolute Excellence
- Ae is a fictional character from the 2007 film Sick Nurses.
- Ae is a fictional character from the 1984 film Wai Ra Rerng.
- Ae is a fictional character from the 2007 film Body.
"AE" is a video game.
- developer: Programmers-3 Inc.
- genres: Shoot 'em up, Shooter game, Action game
- publisher: Brøderbund Software
- Ae a.k.a. Æ is a grapheme named aesc or ash, formed from the letters a and e. Originally a ligature representing a Latin diphthong, it has been promoted to the full status of a letter in the alphabets of some languages, including Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic and Faroese. As a letter of the Old English Latin alphabet, it was called æsc after the Anglo-Saxon futhorc rune ᚫ, which it transliterated; its traditional name in English is still ash.
- also known as æ
- ae a.k.a. A is the first letter and vowel in the ISO basic Latin alphabet. It is similar to the Ancient Greek letter alpha, from which it derives. The upper-case version consists of the two slanting sides of a triangle, crossed in the middle by a horizontal bar. The lower-case version can be written in two forms: the double-storey a and single-storey ɑ. The latter is commonly used in handwriting and fonts based on it, especially fonts intended to be read by children. It is also found in italic type.
- read more about A
- Ae is a letter of the Cyrillic script, now used in the Ossetic language to represent the mid central vowel.
- also known as Æ
- Ae a.k.a. Avestan Language: Avestan, formerly also known as "Zend", is an Iranian language of the Eastern Iranian division, known only from its use as the language of Zoroastrian scripture, i.e. the Avesta, from which it derives its name. Its area of composition comprised ancient Sistan/Arachosia, Aria, Margiana, and Bactria, corresponding to parts of modern-day Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. The Yaz culture of Bactria-Margiana has been regarded as a likely archaeological reflection of the early Eastern Iranian culture described in the Avesta.
- also known as Pazend, Avesta
- ae: The domain name ae is the country code top-level domain in the Domain Name System of the Internet for the United Arab Emirates. It is administered by .aeDA which is part of the UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority.
- also known as .ae
- official website: www.aeda.ae
- Ae is a file format.
Scrabble value of A1E1
The value of this 2-letter word is 2 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Ae to learn how to say it correctly!