Ae Fond Kiss..
On this page:
- "Ae Fond Kiss.." a.k.a. "Ae Fond Kiss...": Ae Fond Kiss… is a 2004 romantic drama film directed by Ken Loach, and starring Atta Yaqub and Eva Birthistle. The title is taken from a Scottish song by Robert Burns, the complete line being "Ae Fond Kiss, and then we sever...
- also known as Just a Kiss, A Fond Kiss..., Ae Fond Kiss, Ae Fond Kiss…
- countries: United Kingdom, Italy, Belgium, Spain, Germany
- languages: Punjabi language, English Language
- producers: Michael Phillips & Rebecca O'Brien
- executive producer: Ulrich Felsberg
- production design by Martin Johnson
- art direction by Fergus Clegg & Ursula Cleary
- written by Paul Laverty
- Atta Yaqub as Casim Khan
- Eva Birthistle as Roisin Hanlon
- Gary Lewis as Danny
- David McKay as Wee Roddie
- Shamshad Akhtar as Sadia Khan
- Emma Friel as Annie
- Gerard Kelly as Parish Priest
- Ghizala Avan as Rukhsana Khan
- Shabana Bakhsh as Tahara Khan
- Pasha Bocarie as Amar
- Ahmad Riaz as Tariq Khan
- Raymond Mearns as Big Roddie
- Karen Fraser as Elsie
- casting by Kahleen Crawford
- cinematography by Barry Ackroyd
- edited by Jonathan Morris
- music by George Fenton
- costume design by Carole K. Millar
- location: Glasgow
- genres: Romance Film, Drama
- subject: Racism
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (11 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- The British Independent Film Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a British Independent Film nomination for Eva Birthistle
- British Independent Film Award for Best Screenplay nomination for Paul Laverty
- British Independent Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer nomination for Atta Yaqub
- European Film Award for Best Screenwriter nomination for Paul Laverty
- "Ae Fond Kiss.." a.k.a. "Ae Fond Kiss": The Scots song "Ae fond kiss and then we sever" by the Scottish poet Robert Burns is more commonly known as "Ae fond kiss". It is Burns' most recorded love song.
- lyrics by Robert Burns
- "Ae Fond Kiss.." a.k.a. "Ae Fond Kiss" is an album that was nominated for Classical Album of the Year – Vocal or Choral Performance in the 2000 Juno Awards.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ae Fond Kiss..
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Ae Fond Kiss.. for some fun with words!