On this page:
Definition of the noun aegadean isles
What does aegadean isles mean as a name of something?
- a group of islands off the west coast of Sicily in the Mediterranean
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of Aegadean Isles: Aegadean Islands / Aegates / Egadi Islands / Isole Egadi
- instance of: island = a land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water
- part of: Sicilia / Sicily = the Italian region on the island of Sicily; Mediterranean / Mediterranean Sea = the largest inland sea
- islands west of Sicily (now known as the Egadi Islands) where the Romans won a naval victory over the Carthaginians that ended the first Punic War in 241 BC
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aegadean Isles
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
... inner sanctum adze: 3 adz adzuki bean: 10 adsuki bean AEC: 22 Atomic Energy Commission Aedes: 10 genus Aedes; 13 tiger mosquito; 19 yellow-fever mosquito aedile: 6 ranger; 7 coroner; 8 surveyor Aegadean Isles: 12 Aegates Isles, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aegadean Isles
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aegadean Isles to find many related words and phrases!