On this page:
- Definition of the noun aegean
- Definition of the adjective aegean
- Phrases with Aegean
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aegean
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aegean
- Photos about Aegean
- Video language resources about Aegean
- Quotes about Aegean
- Scrabble value of A1E1G2E1A1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aegean
What does aegean mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- an arm of the Mediterranean between Greece and Turkey; a main trade route for the ancient civilizations of Crete and Greece and Rome and Persia
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- synonym of Aegean: Aegean Sea
- instance of: sea = a division of an ocean or a large body of salt water partially enclosed by land
- part of: Mediterranean / Mediterranean Sea = the largest inland sea
Definition of the adjective aegean
What does aegean mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- of or relating to or characteristic of the prehistoric Aegean civilization
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
- of or relating to or bordering the Aegean Sea
- example: Aegean islands
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
Alternative definition of the adjective aegean
- Of, or relating to the Aegean Sea or the regions bordering it
- Of, or relating to the Bronze Age civilization in that region
- Aegean a.k.a. Aegean Airlines SA is the largest Greek airline by total number of passengers carried, by number of destinations served and by fleet size. A Star Alliance member since June 2010, it operates scheduled and charter services from Athens and Thessaloniki to other major Greek destinations as well as to a number of European destinations. Its main hub is Athens International Airport in Athens, with a secondary hub at Thessaloniki International Airport. It also uses six other Greek airports as seasonal bases during the summer. It has its head office in Kifisia, a suburb of Athens.
- also known as Aegean Airlines S.A., Ейджиън еърлайнс, 愛琴海航空
- official website: www.aegeanair.com
- Aegean is a record label.
"Aegean" is an artwork by Frank Leonard Brooks.
"Aegean" is a musical album of When Icarus Falls.
- released on
Aegean is a geologic time period.
Phrases with Aegean
- aegean sea
- aegean island
- aegean culture
- Aegean Nutclam
- Aegean Wallflower
- aegean civilisation
- aegean civilization
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aegean
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Peter Haggett
The plain's southern boundary is the Othrys range, which runs southeast into the Aegean Sea but reappears to form the northern part of Euboea, a long, narrow island running parallel to the coast. Two further spurs of the Pindus run down into ...
The Definitive Encyclopedia and Document Collection by Spencer C. Tucker
The Aegean Sea is an arm of the eastern Mediterranean separating Greece and Turkey, providing access to the Black Sea and the southern Balkans. The Aegean Sea extends more than 300 miles north from Crete and varies in width from ...
by Raymond Detrez
Geographic area of about 65,036 square kilometers, bounded on the north by the Shar Mountains; on the east by the Rhodope Mountains; on the south by the Aegean Sea, Mount Olympus, and the Pindos Range; and on the west by Lake ...
by Ari Ben-Menahem
The Aegean civilization (Hellenic and pre-Hellenic); (2) the Roman Empire; (3) Christianity; (4) the break-up of the Roman Empire by the Teutonic invasions.
by Maurice Schwartz
The first province concerns the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts of Turkey on the one hand and the Levantine coast on the other hand. The second province includes three rather different sectors: the western coast of the Red Sea and the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aegean
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aegean
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Aegean Sea.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Aegean
Click on an item to play that video:
- Aegean Meaning
Video shows what Aegean means. Of, or relating to the Aegean Sea or the regions bordering it.. Of, or relating to the Bronze Age civilization in that region.
- Dialect from Suho Aegean Macedonia
This is a small example of the Macedonian dialect spoken in Suho (greek: Sohos), a village 30km north east of Solun (greek: Thessaloniki).
- X-Plane 10 - LGAV/ATH to LGKF/EFL Aegean Airbus A320neo SX-DVK - Real Weather - Night Flight
Virtual Arantis Airways. Flight Simulator X-Plane 10. Flying from Athens Greece to Kefallinia Island Greece on 20/09/2015 with real weather. Departure from ...
- X-Plane 10 - LGKF/EFL to LGKL/KLX Aegean Airbus A320neo SX-DVK - Real Weather
Virtual Arantis Airways. Flight Simulator X-Plane 10. Flying from Kefallinia Island Greece to Kalamata Greece on 22/09/2015 with real weather. Departure from ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Aegean!
Quotes about Aegean
Scrabble value of A1E1G2E1A1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aegean to see it in context!