On this page:
Definition of the noun aegean civilisation
What does aegean civilisation mean as a name of something?
- the prehistoric civilization on the islands in the Aegean sea and the surrounding countries
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- alternative spelling: Aegean civilization
- synonym of Aegean civilisation: Aegean culture
- more generic words: civilisation / civilization / culture = a particular society at a particular time and place
- more specific terms: Cycladic civilisation / Cycladic civilization / Cycladic culture / Cyclades = the Bronze Age civilization on the Cyclades islands in the southern Aegean Sea that flourished 3000-1100 BC
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Aegean civilisation
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by B. N. Mandal
A second pillar of Egyptian culture taken from history was its civilisation: It is a waste of time and effort to try to separate • the relations between Egypt and the ancient Aegean civilisation, the relations between Egypt and the first ages of Greek ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aegean civilisation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aegean civilisation to find many related words and phrases!