On this page:
Definition of the noun aegean civilisation
What does aegean civilisation mean as a name of something?
- the prehistoric civilization on the islands in the Aegean sea and the surrounding countries
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- alternative spelling: Aegean civilization
- synonym of Aegean civilisation: Aegean culture
- more generic words: civilisation / civilization / culture = a particular society at a particular time and place
- more specific terms: Cycladic civilisation / Cycladic civilization / Cycladic culture / Cyclades = the Bronze Age civilization on the Cyclades islands in the southern Aegean Sea that flourished 3000-1100 BC
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aegean civilisation
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information
it Fllndm Aegean Civilisation Antiquary FI агго w Epigraphy Flint Implement* Mouittermn Neanderthal Keolltlilo Clcrmoot-Ganucau, C. 3. Curtiua, KriHt Deoon, Dominique VivOordoa. Ak-sandcr OouKh. Richard G rose, FraoctB Pílt-Rivere, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aegean civilisation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aegean civilisation to find many related words and phrases!