On this page:
Definition of the noun aegean culture
What does aegean culture mean as a name of something?
- the prehistoric civilization on the islands in the Aegean sea and the surrounding countries
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of Aegean culture: Aegean civilisation / Aegean civilization
- more generic words: civilisation / civilization / culture = a particular society at a particular time and place
- more specific terms: Cycladic civilisation / Cycladic civilization / Cycladic culture / Cyclades = the Bronze Age civilization on the Cyclades islands in the southern Aegean Sea that flourished 3000-1100 BC
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aegean culture
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Historic books etc on garden design and landscape architecture by Tom Turner
Aegean culture developed after 3,000 BC, probably under the influence of migrants from Western Asia.
The Encyclopedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
Aegean culture revealed by excavation, the letters add references to mercenaries and bands from Meluhha (viz. Arabia), Mesopotamia and the Levant .
by Victoria Pitts-Taylor
By the end of the second millennium BCE, the tapered hoop was common throughout the Aegean culture, western Asia, Cyprus, and Syria, as evidenced in several modern excavations. Earrings became fashionable in Greece in the seventh ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aegean culture
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aegean culture to find many related words and phrases!