On this page:
Definition of the noun aegisthus
What does aegisthus mean as a name of something?
- (Greek mythology) the seducer of Clytemnestra and murderer of Agamemnon who usurped the throne of Mycenae until Agamemnon's son Orestes returned home and killed him
- Aegisthus: In Greek mythology, Aegisthus was the son of Thyestes and of Thyestes' daughter, Pelopia.
- Aegisthus is a fictional character from the 1975 film The Travelling Players.
Phrases with Aegisthus
Phrases starting with the word Aegisthus:
- Aegisthus Dubius
- Aegisthus aculeatus
- Aegisthus Mirabilis
- Aegisthus Atlanticus
- Aegisthus mucronatus
- Aegisthus spinulosus
- Aegisthus Longirostris
Phrases ending with the word Aegisthus:
Other phrases containing the word Aegisthus:
- Species Aegisthus Dubius
- species Aegisthus aculeatus
- Species Aegisthus Mirabilis
- Species Aegisthus Atlanticus
- species Aegisthus mucronatus
- species Aegisthus spinulosus
- Species Aegisthus Longirostris
Printed books with definitions for Aegisthus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Critical Anthology by Laura Monros-Gaspar
Agamemnon and Clytemnestra PYLADES son of Strophius, King of Phocis HERALD Courtiers, Lords, Ladies, Attendants, Citizens, Dancing Girls, and Huntsmen 15 1 ÆGISTHUS Aegisthus is the son of Thyestēs who survives to avenge the ...
The Death of Aegisthus is the earliest representation in art, by a century, of one of the chief ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aegisthus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aegisthus
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of A1E1G2I1S1T1H4U1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AEGISTHUS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aegisthus!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aegisthus to find many related words and phrases!