On this page:
- Definition of the noun Aegolius acadicus
- Phrases with Aegolius acadicus
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aegolius acadicus
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aegolius acadicus
- Photos about Aegolius acadicus
- Video language resources about Aegolius acadicus
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Aegolius acadicus
What does Aegolius acadicus mean as a name of something?
Aegolius acadicus is a species of Aegolius, described by Gmelin in 1788.
- synonym: species Aegolius acadicus
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Aves
- order: Strigiformes
- family: Strigidae
- genus: Aegolius
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Aegolius acadicus is a kind of Aegolius, described by Gmelin in 1788.
Phrases with Aegolius acadicus
Phrases starting with Aegolius acadicus:
Phrase ending with Aegolius acadicus:
Other phrases containing Aegolius acadicus:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aegolius acadicus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Brent Douglas Galloway
Aegolius acadicus) Glaucidium gnoma swarthi (or Glaucidium gnoma grinnelli) and Cryptoglaux acadia Aegolius acadicus) (CONT' D) ...
by Bo Beolens, Michael Watkins, Michael Grayson
Kirtland Kirtland's Owl Aegolius acadicus Gmelin, ...
by James A. Jobling
Aegolius acadicus, subsp. Hesperiphona vespertina, subsp. Passerculus sandwichensis). Brotogeris Gr. brotoge#rus with human voice, an epithet of the parrot.
Eleventh Edition by Merriam-Webster
American owl (Aegolius acadicus) that is largely dark brown above and chestnut streaked with white beneath — called also saw* whet saw-yer \'so-yar, 'soi-ar\ n ( 13c) 1 : one that saws 2 : any of several large longicorn beetles whose larvae ...
The First Dictionary For The Internet Age by Anne H. Soukhanov
Aegolius acadicus. [Saw-whet because its call was considered to resemble the sound of a saw being sharpened} S3 W-y er /sawyar/ n 1 a person who saws wood for a living 2 a horned beetle whose larvae bore into coniferous trees. Genus: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aegolius acadicus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aegolius acadicus
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Aegolius acadicus
Click on an item to play that video:
- Aegolius acadicus
A Northern Saw-whet Owl seen at Hastings Park, Vancouver, BC roosting in a small Douglas Fir tree. ( Aegolius acadicus ) November 2005.
- Petite Nyctale - Aegolius acadicus (Tadoussac, QC)
26/09/2014 iPhone 4.
- Northern Saw-whet Owl (Aegolius acadicus) - Snake Mountain Owl Banding, 10.06.12
See also the pronunciation examples of Aegolius acadicus!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aegolius acadicus to find many related words and phrases!