On this page:
- Definition of the noun aeneas
- Phrases with Aeneas
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aeneas
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aeneas
- Photos about Aeneas
- Video about Aeneas
- Scrabble value of A1E1N1E1A1S1
- Anagrams of AENEAS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aeneas
What does aeneas mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a mythical Greek warrior who was a leader on the Trojan side of the Trojan War; hero of the Aeneid
- Aeneas: In Greco-Roman mythology, Aeneas was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Venus. His father was the second cousin of King Priam of Troy, making Aeneas Priam's second cousin, once removed. He is a character in Greek mythology and is mentioned in Homer's Iliad. Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome.
- Aeneas: The fictional representation for Aeneas, a Greek mythological figure.
- Aeneas: Second Women is a fictional character from the 2005 film Dido & Aeneas: A Choreographic Opera.
Who is Aeneas?
Aeneas is a character in the New Testament. According to Acts 9:32-33, he lived in Lydda, and had been a cripple for eight years. When Peter said to him, "Jesus Christ heals you. Get up and roll up your mat," he was healed and got up.
Aeneas a.k.a. Aeneas, Washington is an Unincorporated community in Okanogan County in the U.S. state of Washington.
- read more about Aeneas, Washington
The Aeneas was a wooden sailing ship named after the Trojan hero of the Iliad.
Phrases with Aeneas
Phrase starting with the word Aeneas:
Phrases ending with the word Aeneas:
- Parides Aeneas
- Ooencyrtus Aeneas
- Androctonus Aeneas
- Species Parides Aeneas
- Species Ooencyrtus Aeneas
- Species Scarabaeus Aeneas
- Species Androctonus Aeneas
Other phrases containing the word Aeneas:
- Papilio Aeneas Damis
- Papilio Aeneas Linus
- Parides Aeneas Didas
- Parides Aeneas Tucha
- Papilio Aeneas Locris
- Parides Aeneas Lamasi
- Parides Aeneas Lucasi
- Parides Aeneas Huallaga
- Parides Aeneas Linoides
- Subspecies Papilio Aeneas Damis
- Subspecies Papilio Aeneas Linus
- Subspecies Parides Aeneas Didas
View more phrases with the word Aeneas in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aeneas
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
While Pius Aeneas is a prime candidate for the Piccolomini manuscript, it would be short-sighted to limit the possibilities to only the family's most famous son. Two nephews of Pius II, Francesco Todeschini Piccolomini and Agostino Patrizi ...
by David Riggs
Jupiter becomes a cynical pederast; Aeneas is a hollow man and a heartless prig ; Dido, the victim, bears witness to the fraudulence of Roman piety. Whenever Marlowe first conceived of it, Didu falls within the festive tradi— tion of inversion ...
by Michael Gagarin
Aeneas was a minor Trojan prince and warrior, son of the goddess Aphrodite ( Roman Venus) and Anchises, a mortal. In Homer the god Poseidon foretells that Aeneas will survive Troy's destruction and rule over the Trojans (Iliad 20.302– 312).
The Encyclopedia of Hell (2015)
by Miriam Van Scott
Aeneas adventure begins at LAKE AVERNUS (located outside Naples, Italy), a flaming black pool in the heart of a dense forest. A pitch-dark cavern leads down to the gates of the netherworld, where the two must face monsters of Disease, ...
by Arthur Cotterell
The Romans believed that an important element among them came from Asia Minor—Trojans who escaped the sack of Troy by the Greeks and followed Aeneas. This myth received classic statement in Virgil's Aeneid, an account of the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aeneas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aeneas
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Metaphox
- Dido welcomes Aeneas
Photo credit: Lilu1982
- Aeneas (Steamship) in Melbourne
Official Number 131305 -- Built in 1910 by Workman Clark & Co Ltd : Belfast -- Gross Ton 10049 -- Owner, Ocean Steam Ship Co Ltd
Photo credit: paelocalhistory
- Mount Aeneas, Flathead National Forest
USFS Photo by Liz Rohde
Photo credit: Forest Service - Northern Region
View more pictures about Aeneas Williams.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Aeneas
Video shows what Aeneas means. A Trojan hero and the legendary ancestor of Romans.. .. Aeneas pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Aeneas!
Scrabble value of A1E1N1E1A1S1
The value of this 6-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AENEAS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aeneas!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aeneas to see it in context!