On this page:
- Definition of the noun aeneid
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aeneid
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aeneid
- Photos about Aeneid
- Video language resources about Aeneid
- Quotes about Aeneid
- Scrabble value of A1E1N1E1I1D2
- Anagrams of AENEID
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aeneid
What does aeneid mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- an epic in Latin by Virgil; tells the adventures of Aeneas after the Trojan War; provides an illustrious historical background for the Roman Empire
Alternative definition of the noun aeneid
- Classic epic poem, written in Latin by Virgil in the 1st century BC (between 29 and 19 BC), that tells the legendary story of Aeneas fleeing Troy and settling in Italy as ancestor of the Romans.
"Aeneid" is a musical album of Heimdall.
- released on
"Aeneid" is a Latin epic poem, written by Virgil between 29 and 19 BC, that tells the legendary story of Aeneas, a Trojan who travelled to Italy, where he became the ancestor of the Romans. It is composed of 9,896 lines in dactylic hexameter. The first six of the poem's twelve books tell the story of Aeneas's wanderings from Troy to Italy, and the poem's second half tells of the Trojans' ultimately victorious war upon the Latins, under whose name Aeneas and his Trojan followers are destined to be subsumed.
- also known as "The Aeneid"; "The Æneid of Virgil"; "Six books of the Æneid of Virgil: with explanatory notes and vocabulary"; "The Aeneid of Virgil"; The Aeneid; Aeneid VI; Aeneid 6; Virgil: Aeneid VI; Aeneid six; Aeneid I; The Æneid of Virgil; The Aeneid of Virgil; Eneida; Eneida / the Aeneid; La Eneida de Virgilio; Vergils Aeneide: Heft 4; Virgil's Aeneid; The Æneid; La Eneida; The story of the Aeneid; Eneide, libro III; Aeneis; Enejida; Vergil's Æneid; Vergil's Aeneid; Eneida, La; Eneida: II
- language: Latin Language
- genres: Poetry, Fiction, Fantasy
- subjects: Trojan War, Classics, Literary, Civilization, Rome
- released in 0018 B.C. (2034 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aeneid
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Virgil's the Aeneid (1984)
by Kathleen O'Neill, Michael Spring
The Aeneid is an epic poem written in 12 books.
by Lopa Sanyal
Thus the Aeneid is a national epic but not in the same sense as the Iliad. The Iliad is history, the Aeneid is fiction; or to put it in a less controversial way, the Iliad deals with a living tradition, the Aeneid with a dead or moribund past. The world of ...
The Nature of Narrative (2006)
Revised and Expanded by Robert Scholes, James Phelan, Robert Kellogg
The Aeneid is a synthetic (or "literary") epic. In it Vergil imitated all of what we ...
Virgil's Aeneid (1995)
Interpretation and Influence by Michael C. J. Putnam
The Aeneid is a very Roman poem not so much because it presents a vision of imperium functioning with civilized, and civilizing, grandeur or because it predisposes us toward a higher Stoic morality than that which a Homeric hero might ...
by Elaine Fantham, Emily Fairey
Yet the Aeneid is a wonderfully woven tale, and its allusions to current and recent events are entwined with the conscious tropes of epic and Hellenistic poetry in a way that is surprisingly effective, even when it is self-conscious. It is full of ...
by Stefan Berger, Bill Niven
Vergil's Aeneid is a setting of legendary Roman history, and Lucan's Pharsalia is a poetic reworking of the memory of the Roman Civil War. In prose, the main focus of this chapter, we have three main types of history: local or epichoric history, ...
The Encyclopedia of Heaven (2015)
by Miriam Van Scott
AENEID The Roman ...
by Elizabeth M. Knowles
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aeneid
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aeneid
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: cdrummbks
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Aeneid
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Aeneid!
Quotes about Aeneid
Scrabble value of A1E1N1E1I1D2
The value of this 6-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AENEID
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aeneid!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aeneid to see it in context!