On this page:
Definition of the noun aeolia
What does aeolia mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- an ancient coastal region of northwestern Asia Minor (including Lesbos) where the Aeolians founded several cities around 1100 BC
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- scientific name: Aeolis
- instance of: coast / sea-coast / seacoast / seashore = the shore of a sea or ocean
- part of: Anatolia / Asia Minor = a peninsula in southwestern Asia that forms the Asian part of Turkey
- part: Mytilene / Lesbos / Lesvos = an island of eastern Greece in the eastern Aegean Sea
"Aeolia" is the demo CD released in 2006 by the Norwegian progressive metal band, Leprous. It was recorded and mixed at Symfonique and Juke Joint Studio by Mnemosyne. The music is composed by the whole band and the lyrics are the work of Halvor Strand. Art Design by Bjørn Tore Moen. Despite being a demo, the running time of Aeolia is in fact longer than that of any of Leprous' other recordings.
- genres: Progressive rock, Art rock, Experimental rock, Jazz fusion, Progressive metal, Death metal, Avant-garde metal, Black metal
- released in (9 years ago)
Phrases with Aeolia
- Limenitis Aeolia
- Bendisodes Aeolia
- Esthemopsis Aeolia
- Species Limenitis Aeolia
- Species Bendisodes Aeolia
- Species Esthemopsis Aeolia
- Crematogaster Sordidula Aeolia
- subspecies Crematogaster sordidula aeolia
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aeolia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Aeolia is a district on the coast of Asia Minor. 3. Helicon. A mountain in Boeotia sacred to the Muses. The sources of poetry are metaphorically described as the springs on Mt Helicon from which a thousand rills descend. 9. Ceres' golden reign.
The Maze Maker (2015)
A Novel by Michael Ayrton
” Aeolia is a small and lonely ...
Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference
AEOLIA. See HEolis. JEOLLE INsulae, now sole di Lipari, in ancient geography, seven islands, fituated between Sicily and Italy, so called from AEolus, who reigned there about the time of the Trojan war. The Greeks call them Hephosiades; ...
A Classical Dictionary ; Containing a Full Account of All the Proper Names Mentioned in Ancient Authors ; With Tables of Coins, Weights, and Measures, in Use Among the Greeks and Romans ... (1844)
AEolia, a name given to Arne. Sappho is called Æolia puella, by Horace, 4, od. 9, v. 12. AEóli A, or Æolis, a country of Asia Minor, near the AEgean sea. It has Troas at the north, and Ionia at the south. The inhabitants were of Grecian, origin, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aeolia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1E1O1L1I1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AEOLIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aeolia!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aeolia to find many related words and phrases!