On this page:
Definition of the noun Aeolidia
What does Aeolidia mean as a name of something?
Aeolidia is a genus of Aeolidiidae, described by Cuvier in 1797.
- synonyms: genus Aeolidia / Aelidia / genus Aelidia / Aeolida / genus Aeolida / Aeolidida / genus Aeolidida / Aeolis / genus Aeolis / Eolia / genus Eolia / Eolida / genus Eolida / Eolida sic / genus Eolida sic / Eolidea / genus Eolidea / Eolides / genus Eolides / Eolidia / genus Eolidia / Eolis / genus Eolis / Lolidia / genus Lolidia / Oeolidia / genus Oeolidia
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Mollusca
- class: Gastropoda
- order: Nudibranchia
- family: Aeolidiidae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Aeolidia is a genus of Aeolidiidae.
Phrases with Aeolidia
Phrases starting with the word Aeolidia:
Phrase ending with the word Aeolidia:
Other phrases containing the word Aeolidia:
- Species Aeolidia Herculea
- species Aeolidia papillosa
- Species Aeolidia Verrucosa
- Species Aeolidia Poindimiei
- Variety Aeolidia Papillosa Pacifica
Printed books with definitions for Aeolidia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Biology of the Invertebrates (2016)
by CTI Reviews
Aeolidia: Aeolidia is a genus of sea slugs, aeolid nudibranchs, marine gastropod mollusks in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aeolidia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Aeolidia
Aeolidia papillosa (Shag-Rug Nudibranch)
This nudibranch eats sea anemones, and the aggregating anemone. It feeds at least once a day, consuming 100% of its 2 3/4" body which does not weigh much. In order for the shag-rug nudibranch to feed on anemones, it must first become immune tot he stinging properties of the nematocysts. Apparently the nudibranch first touches the anemone, then retreats, which activates the production of a coating resistant to the stinging effects. (Taken from Beachcombers Guide by Sept). Must see on black. Ken and Gary will appreciate this one.
Photo credit: jkirkhart35
Scrabble value of A1E1O1L1I1D2I1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aeolidia to find many related words and phrases!