On this page:
Definition of the noun Aeolosoma
What does Aeolosoma mean as a name of something?
Aeolosoma is a genus of Aeolosomatidae, described by Ehrenberg in 1828.
- synonyms: genus Aeolosoma / Acleosoma / genus Acleosoma / Aeleostoma / genus Aeleostoma / Aeolonais / genus Aeolonais / Oeolosoma / genus Oeolosoma
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Annelida
- class: Polychaeta
- order: Sabellida
- family: Aeolosomatidae
- species Aeolosoma aureum
- species Aeolosoma beddardi
- species Aeolosoma corderoi
- species Aeolosoma evelinae
- species Aeolosoma flavum
- species Aeolosoma gertae
- species Aeolosoma gineti
- species Aeolosoma headleyi
- species Aeolosoma hemprichi
- species Aeolosoma hyalinum
- species Aeolosoma japonicum
- species Aeolosoma leidyi
- species Aeolosoma litorale
- species Aeolosoma major
- species Aeolosoma marcusi
- species Aeolosoma maritimum
- species Aeolosoma markewitchi
- species Aeolosoma niveum
- species Aeolosoma olivaceum
- species Aeolosoma psammophilum
- species Aeolosoma quaternarium
- species Aeolosoma sawayai
- species Aeolosoma setosa
- species Aeolosoma singulare
- species Aeolosoma tenebrarum
- species Aeolosoma tenuidorsum
- species Aeolosoma travancorense
- species Aeolosoma variegatum
- species Aeolosoma viride
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Phrases with Aeolosoma
Phrases starting with the word Aeolosoma:
- Aeolosoma Aureum
- Aeolosoma Flavum
- Aeolosoma Gertae
- Aeolosoma Gineti
- Aeolosoma leidyi
- Aeolosoma Maggii
- Aeolosoma niveum
- Aeolosoma Setosa
- Aeolosoma Viride
- Aeolosoma Lucidum
- Aeolosoma Marcusi
- Aeolosoma Sawayai
- Aeolosoma beddardi
- Aeolosoma Evelinae
- Aeolosoma headleyi
- Aeolosoma hemprichi
- Aeolosoma Japonicum
Phrases ending with the word Aeolosoma:
View more phrases with the word Aeolosoma in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aeolosoma
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Australian Freshwater Life (1980)
The Invertebrates of Australian Inland Waters by William David Williams
Aeolosoma is the principal genus of the Aeolosomatidae and though apparently not yet recorded from Australia it would be surprising if it does not occur here since it occurs in New Zealand and is otherwise cosmopolitan. The Enchytraeidae is ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
Nervous system rarely (Aeolosoma) in continuity with epidermis. Vascular system always present, forming a closed system, more complicated in the larger forms than in the aquatic genera. Several specially large contractile trunks in the ...
Encyclopedia of Caves (2012)
by William B. White, David C. Culver
Aeolosoma sp. (B) Nais sp.; (C) Haber turquini (from Botosaneanu, 1986). FIGURE 8 Gianius aquedulcis ( Oligochaeta), anterior segments. amounts of substrate but utilize only a small part ...
by John Gunn
and oligochaete worms (Aeolosoma) .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aeolosoma
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Aeolosoma
Photo credit: snautsego
Video language resources about Aeolosoma
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Incredible Microscopic Annelid Worm, "Aeolosoma". Darkfield, DIC Lighting. 125x-800x.
These transparent microannelids inhabit soils and decaying material in stagnant water, using cilia to move about. Like other annelids, Aeolosoma has a ...
- Aeolosoma (Bristle worm)
This short video shows a Bristle worm moving through filamentous bacteria (Type 021N). The sample was collected from a domestic sewage treatment plant ...
- Microscopic World - Aeolosoma sp.
Aeolosoma sp. Oblique illumination. Objective: Plan Achromat 40x Camera: Sony NEX-5R.
- Aeolosoma -
- Aeolosoma 200x
The development of suction feeding permits the Aeolosoma to compete successfully in the ephemeral environment of decaying plant. Lo sviluppo ...
View more videos about Aeolosoma hemprichi.
Scrabble value of A1E1O1L1O1S1O1M3A1
The value of this 9-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aeolosoma to find many related words and phrases!