On this page:
- Definition of the noun Aerodramus
- Phrases with Aerodramus
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aerodramus
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aerodramus
- Photo about Aerodramus
- Video language resources about Aerodramus
- Scrabble value of A1E1R1O1D2R1A1M3U1S1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Aerodramus
What does Aerodramus mean as a name of something?
Aerodramus is a genus of Apodidae, described by Oberholser in 1906.
- synonym: genus Aerodramus
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Aves
- order: Apodiformes
- family: Apodidae
- species Aerodramus amechanus
- species Aerodramus amelis
- species Aerodramus bartschi
- species Aerodramus brevirostris
- species Aerodramus ceramensis
- species Aerodramus chillagoensis
- species Aerodramus elaphrus
- species Aerodramus excelsus
- species Aerodramus francicus
- species Aerodramus fuciphagus
- species Aerodramus germani
- species Aerodramus gilliardi
- species Aerodramus hirundinaceus
- species Aerodramus infuscatus
- species Aerodramus inquietus
- species Aerodramus leucophaeus
- species Aerodramus maximus
- species Aerodramus mearnsi
- species Aerodramus micans
- species Aerodramus nuditarsus
- species Aerodramus ocistus
- species Aerodramus orientalis
- species Aerodramus origenis
- species Aerodramus papuensis
- species Aerodramus pelewensis
- species Aerodramus rogersi
- species Aerodramus salangana
- species Aerodramus sawtelli
- species Aerodramus sororum
- species Aerodramus spodiopygius
- species Aerodramus terraereginae
- species Aerodramus tichelmani
- species Aerodramus unicolor
- species Aerodramus vanikorensis
- species Aerodramus vulcanorum
- species Aerodramus whiteheadi
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Aerodramus is a genus of Apodidae.
Phrases with Aerodramus
Phrases starting with the word Aerodramus:
- Aerodramus amelis
- Aerodramus Germani
- Aerodramus Maximus
- Aerodramus Mearnsi
- Aerodramus Ocistus
- Aerodramus rogersi
- Aerodramus Sororum
- Aerodramus Bartschi
- Aerodramus elaphrus
- Aerodramus germanus
- Aerodramus inquieta
- Aerodramus sawtelli
- Aerodramus Unicolor
- Aerodramus Francicus
- Aerodramus inquietus
- Aerodramus Papuensis
- Aerodramus Salangana
- Aerodramus Ceramensis
Phrases ending with the word Aerodramus:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aerodramus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Biology, Zoology by CTI Reviews
Aerodramus is a genus of small, dark, cavenesting birds in the Collocaliini tribe of the swift family. Its members are confined to tropical and subtropical regions.
by Bo Beolens, Michael Watkins, Michael Grayson
Aerodramus fuciphagus bartelsiStresemann, 1927 NCR [JS Aerodramus fuciphagus fuciphagus] Chestnutbellied Partridge ssp.Arborophila javanica bartelsi Siebers, 1929 NCR [NUI Arborophila javanica javanica] Small Buttonquail ssp.
by Jonathan Deutsch Ph.D., Natalya Murakhver
Swiftlets are the birds of the four genera Aerodramus, Hydrochus, Schoutedenapus, and Collocalia, making ...
Encyclopedia of Caves (2012)
by William B. White, David C. Culver
the swiftlets (Aerodramus spp. and Collocalia spp.), the crows ( Pyrrhocorax graculus and P. pyrrhocorax), and the rock doves (Columba livia).
An Encyclopedia of the World's Geographic Features by Joyce A. Quinn, Susan L. Woodward
Several million Cave Swiftlets (Aerodramus ssp.) also live in the caves. Protected Areas. Gunung Mulu National Park is a World Heritage Site. Further Reading Gillieson, David. 2005. “Karst in Southeast Asia.” In The Physical Geography of ...
by Bo Beolens, Michael Watkins, Michael Grayson
A bird, the Guam Swiftlet Aerodramus bartschi, is named after him.
by James A. Jobling
Aerodramus) From specific name Hemiprocne salangana Streubel, 1848, Mossy- nest Swiftlet. salangana De Buffon...
( Aerodramus). salax L. salax fond of leaping; lustful, lecherous (salire to leap).
by Jasper Buse, Raututi Taringa
Swiftlet (Aerodramus sawt- elli).[Ce.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aerodramus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Aerodramus
Germain's Swiftlet Aerodramus germani
Photo credit: sussexbirder
Video language resources about Aerodramus
Click on an item to play that video:
- Edible-nest Swiftlet (Aerodramus fuciphagus) nests at Gomantong
These nests were found in the 'bat caves' at Gomantong. This is one of the echo-locating swiftlets that can navigate in the dark using echo location like bats.
- YST Nest - Swiftlets Aerodramus Captured on Solarise Mode (Edible Bird's Nest)
Swallow Bird, Swiftlet.
Scrabble value of A1E1R1O1D2R1A1M3U1S1
The value of this 10-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aerodramus to find many related words and phrases!