On this page:
Definition of the noun Aeronautes
What does Aeronautes mean as a name of something?
Aeronautes is a genus of Apodidae, described by Hartert in 1892.
- synonyms: genus Aeronautes / Duidia / genus Duidia
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Aves
- order: Apodiformes
- family: Apodidae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Phrases with Aeronautes
Phrases starting with the word Aeronautes:
- Aeronautes andecolus
- Aeronautes saxatalis
- Aeronautes montivagus
- Aeronautes Montivagus Tatei
- Aeronautes Saxatalis Nigrior
- Aeronautes Andecolus Parvulus
- Aeronautes saxatalis sclateri
- Aeronautes Andecolus Andecolus
- Aeronautes Saxatalis Saxatalis
- Aeronautes Andecolus Peruvianus
- Aeronautes Montivagus Montivagus
Phrase ending with the word Aeronautes:
Other phrases containing the word Aeronautes:
- species Aeronautes andecolus
- species Aeronautes saxatalis
- species Aeronautes montivagus
- subspecies Aeronautes montivagus tatei
- subspecies Aeronautes saxatalis nigrior
- subspecies Aeronautes andecolus parvulus
- Subspecies Aeronautes Saxatalis Sclateri
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aeronautes
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
In one species, the pied swift of Central America (Aeronautes vielanolevcus), the toes are also covered with plumes.
Encyclopedia of Deserts (1999)
by Michael A. Mares, Oklahoma Museum of Natural History (Norman, Okla.)
and the Andean swift (Aeronautes andecolus). The former species inhabits human settlements, clearings in the African rain forest zone, and arid and mesic savannas in Africa south of the Sahara. The Andean swift ranges throughout semi- ...
by James A. Jobling
Aeronautes Gr. ae#r air; naute#s sailor (naus ship). Aeronympha (syn. Heliangelus) Gr. ae#r air; numphe# nymph. aerophila / aerophilus Gr. ae#r air; philos -loving. aeroplanes Gr. aeroplane#s wandering in air (ae#r air; plane#s wanderer > ...
The Encyclopedia Americana (1905)
A universal reference library comprising the arts and sciences ... commerce, etc., of the world by George Edwin Rines, Frederick Converse Beach
swift (Aeronautes melanoleucus) , found in the southwestern region north to Wyoming and in winter in Mexico and Central America. The hind toe is directed laterally, not forward, and the toes are only partially feathered. The colors are black ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aeronautes
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aeronautes
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Aeronautes saxatalis.
Scrabble value of A1E1R1O1N1A1U1T1E1S1
The value of this 10-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AERONAUTES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aeronautes!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aeronautes to find many related words and phrases!