On this page:
- Aeschines was a Greek statesman and one of the ten Attic orators.
- born in 0388 B.C. (2403 years ago) in Athens
- died in 0313 B.C. (2328 years ago) in Samos
- written works: "De falsa legatione = On the false embassy", "Rede gegen Ktesiphon", "[Aischinou ho kata Ktēsiphōntos", "In Ctesiphonta", "Oratio in Ctesiphontem", "Scholia in Aeschinem", "Against Ctesiphon", "Discours sur l'ambassade", "Against Timarchos", "Aeschinis In Ctesiphontem"
- Aeschines was an ancient physician who lived in the latter half of the 4th century. He was born on the island of Chios, and settled at Athens, where he appears to have practiced with very little success, but acquired great fame by a happy cure of Eunapius Sardianus, who on his voyage to Athens had been seized with a fever of a very violent kind, which yielded only to treatment of a peculiar nature.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aeschines
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Based on the Larger Dictionaries by Sir William Smith
Aeschines (AiVxfiris). 1. The Athenian orator born b. a 389, was the son of ...
Encyclopaedia Britannica (1830)
AE, the length AEschines of the gore, is equal to the half of the circumference of || the globe; BC, the breadth, is the same proportional part Æschylus. of the circumference as the number of gores ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aeschines
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Aeschines
Be assured, fellow citizens, that in a democracy it is the laws that guard the person of the citizen and the constitution of the state, whereas the despot and the oligarch find their protection in suspicion and in armed guards. (Aeschines)
more quotes about aeschines...
Scrabble value of A1E1S1C3H4I1N1E1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aeschines to find many related words and phrases!