Afars and Issas
On this page:
Definition of the noun afars and issas
What does afars and issas mean as a name of something?
- a country in northeastern Africa on the Somali peninsula; formerly under French control but became independent in 1997
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of Afars and Issas: Djibouti / Republic of Djibouti
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- part of: Horn of Africa / Somali peninsula = a peninsula of northeastern Africa (the easternmost part of Africa) comprising Somalia and Djibouti and Eritrea and parts of Ethiopia; Africa = the second largest continent
- part: capital of Djibouti / Djibouti = port city on the Gulf of Aden
- member of: Arab League = an international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation
- member: Djiboutian = a native or inhabitant of Djibouti
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Afars and Issas
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by The Diagram Group,
In1967, the colony was renamed the French Territoryofthe Afars and Issas, some say to emphasize the division.Since independence in 1977, therehave been clashes between theIssa, whohave dominated the government,and the Afar.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afars and Issas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Afars and Issas
If you need images about Afars and Issas for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Afars and Issas to find many related words and phrases!