On this page:
Who is Afeni Shakur?
Afeni Shakur Davis is an African-American music businesswoman, philanthropist, former political activist and ex-Black Panther. She is the mother of the late rapper Tupac Shakur. She acted as her own criminal defense attorney after being accused of taking part in numerous bombings as a member of the Panthers.
- also known as Afeni Shakur-Davis, Alice Faye Williams, Afeni Shakur Davis, Afini Shakur, Alice Faye
- born on (68 years ago) in Lumberton, child of Walter Williams, Jr. and Rosa Belle Williams
- ethnicity: African American
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Businessperson, political activist
- parent of
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Afeni Shakur
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Leslie Alexander
Afeni Shakur, a member of the Black Panther Party, became pregnant with Tupac while out on bail, having been arrested in April 1969, along with 20 other New York Black Panthers, for allegedly conspiring to bomb several New York locations ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afeni Shakur
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Afeni Shakur
Click on an item to view that photo:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Afeni Shakur to see it in context!