On this page:
- Definition of the noun affairs
- Phrases with Affairs
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Affairs
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Affairs
- Photos about Affairs
- Video language resources about Affairs
- Quotes about Affairs
- Scrabble value of A1F4F4A1I1R1S1
- Anagrams of AFFAIRS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun affairs
What does affairs mean as a name of something?
- matters of personal concern
- example: get his affairs in order
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of affairs: personal business / personal matters
- more generic word: concern = something that interests you because it is important or affects you
- more specific terms: dirty laundry / dirty linen = personal matters that could be embarrassing if made public
- transactions of professional or public interest
- examples: news of current affairs | great affairs of state
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- more generic words: dealing / dealings / transaction = the act of transacting within or between groups
- more specific terms:
- "Affairs" is a musical album of Rolf Kühn.
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Affairs" is a musical single of Digital Hassan Orchestra.
- released in (13 years ago)
"Affairs" is a book by Eddie Infante.
Affairs a.k.a. Affair: An affair is a sexual relationship or a romantic friendship or passionate attachment between two people.
- read more about Affair
Phrases with Affairs
Phrases ending with the word Affairs:
- world affairs
- man of affairs
- Current affairs
- Foreign Affairs
- Ugandan Affairs
- Internal Affairs
- state of affairs
- international affairs
- master in public affairs
- secretary of veterans affairs
- department of veterans affairs
Other phrases containing the word Affairs:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Affairs
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Law in the Age of Small Wars by Ganesh Sitaraman
As one strategist has put it, “civil affairs is a central counterinsurgency activity, not an afterthought.
the importance of legitimacy, and the need for civil as well as military affairs is that counterinsurgency must proceed in phases over a long ...
by Cuthbert William Johnson
affairs;. ABELE TREE. ABERCROMBIE (JOHN). ABORTION. ABSORPTION. ABSORPTION". ABSORPTION. ACACIA TREE. A, in the composition of botanic terms, is the Greek a, "privative, and signifies " without ;" as, opetalous means ...
Dictionary of Military Terms (2009)
by U.S. Department of Defense
public affairs — Those public information, command information, and community relations activities directed toward both the external and internal publics with interest in the Department of Defense. Also called PA. See also command ...
formerly Minister for Foreign Affairs and Religion. Mr. Joaauin V. Gonzales. Senator. President of the National University of La Plata, formerly Minister of the Interior. m Austria-Hungary — Count Albert Apponyl, Privy Councilor, Minister of ...
by CTI Reviews
VI(OxfordUniversity Press undertheauspices ofthe British Institute of International Affairs 1924)•The World afterthe Peace Conference, Being an Epilogue to the ' History ofthePeace Conference ofParis' anda Prologue to the 'Survey of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Affairs
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Affairs
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: C MB 166
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Affairs
Click on an item to play that video:
- Put one's affairs in order Meaning
Video shows what put one's affairs in order means. To prepare for the end of one's life as one has lived it.. Put one's affairs in order Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Ministry of Religious Affairs - Language Matters
- Palle Raghunatha Reddy, AP minister of IT, NRI Affairs, Language and Culture in Dallas Hilltop
Palle Raghunatha Reddy, AP minister of IT, NRI Affairs, Language and Culture in Dallas Hilltop on July 7th 2015.
- Affairs - Talking Dictionary
- Legal Affairs Job Description
See also the pronunciation examples of Affairs!
Quotes about Affairs
World Affairs Councils are great organizations. They help keep people throughout our country alive to important developments in world affairs and underscore that, in the country, we stay engaged and we are part of the world. (George Schultz)
more quotes about affairs...
Scrabble value of A1F4F4A1I1R1S1
The value of this 7-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AFFAIRS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Affairs!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Affairs to see it in context!