On this page:
- Definition of the noun affairs
- Phrases with Affairs
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Affairs
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Affairs
- Photos about Affairs
- Video language resources about Affairs
- Quotes about Affairs
- Scrabble value of A1F4F4A1I1R1S1
- Anagrams of AFFAIRS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun affairs
What does affairs mean as a name of something?
- matters of personal concern
- example: get his affairs in order
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of affairs: personal business / personal matters
- more generic word: concern = something that interests you because it is important or affects you
- more specific terms: dirty laundry / dirty linen = personal matters that could be embarrassing if made public
- transactions of professional or public interest
- examples: news of current affairs | great affairs of state
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- more generic words: dealing / dealings / transaction = the act of transacting within or between groups
- more specific terms:
- "Affairs" is a musical album of Rolf Kühn.
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Affairs" is a musical single of Digital Hassan Orchestra.
- released in (13 years ago)
"Affairs" is a book by Eddie Infante.
Affairs a.k.a. Affair: An affair is a sexual relationship or a romantic friendship or passionate attachment between two people.
- read more about Affair
Phrases with Affairs
Phrases ending with the word Affairs:
- world affairs
- man of affairs
- Current affairs
- Foreign Affairs
- Ugandan Affairs
- Internal Affairs
- state of affairs
- international affairs
- master in public affairs
- secretary of veterans affairs
- department of veterans affairs
Other phrases containing the word Affairs:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Affairs
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Law in the Age of Small Wars by Ganesh Sitaraman
As one strategist has put it, “civil affairs is a central counterinsurgency activity, not an afterthought.
the importance of legitimacy, and the need for civil as well as military affairs is that counterinsurgency must proceed in phases over a long ...
by Alzheimer's Society
Financial and legal affairs is a factsheet from Alzheimer’s Society.
Dictionarium Rusticum, Urbanicum & Botanicum: Or, A Dictionary of Husbandry, Gardening, Trade, Commerce, and All Sorts of Country-affairs (1726)
by Nathan Bailey, John Worlidge
O R, A Dicrony Husbandry, Gardening, Trade, Commerce, And all Sorts of COUNTRY AFFAIRS V o L U M E II. Illustrated with a great Number of CUT T s. 7he TH 1 R p E protos, Revised, Corretted and Improved; With the Addition of above ...
by Paul Dickson
Scheer, Assistant Administrator for Public Affairs, NASA, January 10, 1967; Department ofthe Interior, Office of the Secretary, release, “Earth's Resources to Be Studied from Space,” September ...
by Tom Lansford
Through the 1990s, the nation's foreign affairs were marked by an evolution away from the post–World War II focus on security and superpower competition to a more multifaceted and nuanced series of policies that included economic ...
by Victor L. Tonchi, William A. Lindeke, John J. Grotpeter
Founding President and Father of the Nation President Prime Minister, in Charge of Public Service Personnel Deputy Prime Minister Ministers President's Office Foreign Affairs [Deputy] Foreign Affairs Defense [Deputy] Defense Finance ...
by Ron Rhodes
GOD, SOVEREIGN OVER HUMAN AFFAIRS weapon that is formed against you will prosper” (Isaiah 54:17 nasb). In fulfilling this promise, we often witness God in the Old Testament playing the definitive role in battling against Israel's enemies ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Affairs
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Affairs
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: C MB 166
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Affairs
Click on an item to play that video:
- Put one's affairs in order Meaning
Video shows what put one's affairs in order means. To prepare for the end of one's life as one has lived it.. Put one's affairs in order Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Ministry of Religious Affairs - Language Matters
- Palle Raghunatha Reddy, AP minister of IT, NRI Affairs, Language and Culture in Dallas Hilltop
Palle Raghunatha Reddy, AP minister of IT, NRI Affairs, Language and Culture in Dallas Hilltop on July 7th 2015.
- Affairs - Talking Dictionary
- Legal Affairs Job Description
See also the pronunciation examples of Affairs!
Quotes about Affairs
World Affairs Councils are great organizations. They help keep people throughout our country alive to important developments in world affairs and underscore that, in the country, we stay engaged and we are part of the world. (George Schultz)
more quotes about affairs...
Scrabble value of A1F4F4A1I1R1S1
The value of this 7-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AFFAIRS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Affairs!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Affairs to see it in context!