On this page:
- Definition of the adjective affectionate
- Definition of the verb affectionate
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Affectionate
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Affectionate
- Photos about Affectionate
- Video about Affectionate
- Quotes about Affectionate
- Scrabble value of A1F4F4E1C3T1I1O1N1A1T1E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective affectionate
What does affectionate mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more affectionate / most affectionate
- having or displaying warmth or affection
Alternative definition of the adjective affectionate
- [context: of a person] Having affection or warm regard; loving; fond.
- [context: of an action, etc.] Characterised by or proceeding from affection; indicating love; tender.
Definition of the verb affectionate
What does affectionate mean as a doing word?
- [rare] To show affection to; to have affection for.
- [obsolete, reflexive] To emotionally attach (oneself) to.
"Affectionate" is an EP by breakcore artist Venetian Snares.
- genre: Breakcore
- released on
Affectionate is a breed temperament.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Affectionate
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Betty Tracy
Being affectionate also means our general attitude. Do we treat our hubbies like they are stupid children...
Being affectionate means speaking to him with respect and love in every tone of our voice. It also means not contradicting him in public.
by Teresa L. Thompson
physiological distress, they recover from those states morequickly when sharing affectionate communication withalovedone than whenengaged inother activities, including thinking about theloved one,writing about mundane topics, and resting ...
by Samuel Johnson
full of affection, strongly moved, warm, zealous; strongly inclined to, disposed to, with the particle to, as, As for the parliament, it presently took fire; being affectionate of old to the war of France.
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
Ant unlovely: plain loving, affectionate, devoted, fond, ...
by Brent Douglas Galloway
usage: nickname, possibly “s=> here diminutive/affectionate, possibly related...
by Diagram Group
Affectionate, confiding, idealistic. Rose (a rose): Beautiful ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Affectionate
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Affectionate
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: dispicio
- Affectionate Ponies
Photo credit: Ashley Harrigan
- Venetian Snares - Affectionate
Photo credit: meshol
- Two affectionate women hugging on the sidewalk
Photo credit: simpleinsomnia
- Affectionate Greeting
Black-tailed prairie dog pups greet each other at Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge.
Photo Credit: Rich Keen / DPRA
Photo credit: USFWS Mountain Prairie
- Affectionate Parrots
These two parrots appeared to be kissing each other. Aw...
Photo credit: Neil T
- She watches TV too. She's smart and affectionate.
Photo credit: denebola2025
- Affectionate King Penguins
Photo credit: brian.gratwicke
- Affectionate Tulips
Photo credit: jochenspieker
- Two affectionate women having a picnic
Photo credit: oakenroad
- Affectionate Car
Photo credit: mikecogh
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Affectionate
Video shows what affectionate means. Having affection or warm regard; loving; fond.. Characterised by or proceeding from affection; indicating love; tender..
See also the pronunciation examples of Affectionate!
Quotes about Affectionate
He is not of us who is not affectionate to the little ones, and does not respect the old; and he is not of us, who does not order which is lawful, and prohibits that which is unlawful. (Muhammad)
more quotes about affectionate...
Scrabble value of A1F4F4E1C3T1I1O1N1A1T1E1
The value of this 12-letter word is 20 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Affectionate to see it in context!