On this page:
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Affirmations
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Affirmations
- Photos about Affirmations
- Video language resources about Affirmations
- Quotes about Affirmations
- Scrabble value of A1F4F4I1R1M3A1T1I1O1N1S1
- Share this page
- "Affirmations": The "Affirmations" are a work said to have been written by L. Ron Hubbard in the late 1940s, a few years before he established Dianetics or Scientology. They consist of a series of statements by and addressed to Hubbard, relating to various physical, sexual, psychological and social issues that he was encountering in his life. After the Affirmations became public knowledge in 1984 the Church of Scientology has disputed their authenticity, though in legal papers it has described the Affirmations as having been "written by" Hubbard and sought to retain ownership of them. The Affirmations appear to have been intended to be used as a form of self-hypnosis with the intention of resolving the author's psychological problems and instilling a positive mental attitude. They are closely linked to the occult philosophy of Thelema, devised by Aleister Crowley in the early 20th century, in which Hubbard participated for a while during 1945–46. In her book Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion, Janet Reitman calls the Affirmations "the most revealing psychological self-assessment, complete with exhortations to himself, that [Hubbard] had ever made.
- "Affirmations" is a book by Ifeanyi Menkiti.
- "Affirmations" is a book by Stuart Wilde.
- "Affirmations" is a book by M. S. Lumsden.
- also known as "Affirmations: poems in Scots and English"
"Affirmations" is a ten minute short film exploring black gay sexuality as well as the inclusion of black gays in the black community. The film was produced by Marlon Riggs and released in 1990.
Affirmations in New Thought and New Age terminology refer primarily to the practice of positive thinking and self-empowerment—fostering a belief that "a positive mental attitude supported by affirmations will achieve success in anything.
- also known as Affirmation
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Affirmations
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Paths to the Divine (2008)
Ancient and Indian by Vensus A. George
What the Jainas attempt to drive home by speaking of these seven modes of affirmations is that one should not consider a thing absolutely as existing everywhere, at all times, in all ways and in the form of everything, as the truth of a thing is ...
Life is Outstanding (2013)
by Anthony D. Collins
The funny thing about positive affirmations is that we have to repeat them constantly in ...
Behind the Masks of God (1991)
An Essay Toward Comparative Theology by Robert C. Neville
One of the central meanings of jen is love, just as one of the principal Christian affirmations is that God is love; in both instances, the "love" intended is far from any of the ordinary meanings of the term. Yet it is striking that two such different ...
Your Body (2009)
Gateway to the Divine by Josephine Chia
Merely uttering positive affirmations is an intellectual exercise and its effectiveness will not be Soul-deep. You need to focus on The Divine so that your affirmation is strengthened by Divine Energy. You do this in your tuning-in mode, whether ...
Searching for Truth (2001)
Confessing Christ in an Uncertain World by Thomas W. Currie
costless affirmations is a yearning for a truth that will not give offense. In part, such an impulse rightly reminds us that the Christian faith is not advanced when it seeks to be deliberately offensive, when it speaks the truth without love or on the ...
Sleep 4 (2011)
Yet another 10 great tips for a perfect night's sleep by Infinite Ideas
The idea behind positive affirmations is that if you say them enough , ...
by Kim Olver
” 25 Another point to remember about affirmations is that you can't Copyright © Coaching for Excellence, ...
by Carolyn Chambers Clark, EdD, ARNP,FAAN
Participants were randomly assigned to one of three groups: no sound, supraliminal presentation of relaxing music, or subliminal presentation of memory improvement affirmations embedded in relaxing music. After intervention, only members ...
New Age Encyclopedia (2003)
A Mind, Body, Spirit Reference Guide by Belinda Whitworth
The best affirmations are short, simple, and full of feeling. You will find many suggestions in two classic books on the subject: Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain and You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay. However, the most effective ...
The Best Methods from A to Z by Michael Draksal, Claudia Bender
Also KnownAs Autosuggestion, selfaffirmation, positive thinking Difficulty Level 3 Duration 2 minutes Description Affirmations are short, positive sentences that you say out loud or to yourself with conviction. It's a wayof focusing ones thoughts ...
by Michael T. Murray, Joseph Pizzorno
Step 4: Employ Positive Affirmations An affirmation is a statement with some emotional intensity behind it. Positive affirmations can make imprints on the subconscious mind to create a healthy, positive self-image. In addition, affirmations can ...
The affirmations from any point of view are thus true in a limited sense and under limited conditions.
to any naya or standpoint cannot therefore be absolute, for even contrary affirmations of the very selfsame things may held to be true from ...
The New Spelling Dictionary, Teaching to Write and Pronounce the English Tongue ... To which is Prefixed, a Grammatical Introduction ... A New Edition. Revised, Corrected, and Enlarged Throughout. To which is ... Added, A Catalogue of Words of Similar Sounds ... By William Crakelt (1787)
by John ENTICK
xxiv \A GRAMMATICAL INTRODUCTION \ _, l l The Consrnvcrion as AFFIRMATIONS or VERBS. l The Affirmation must be of the same number and person with the name os ' which it affirms any thing, as, Yohn ewriter, Petersightt. And when ...
Building Contract Dictionary (2008)
by David Chappell, Vincent Powell-Smith, Derek Marshall, Simon Cavender
affirmations. The general rule is that all witnesses must give evidence (qv) on oath or affirmation in proceedings before a court. To reflect the principle of the Welsh Language Act 1993, in civil proceedings where it is possible that the Welsh ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Affirmations
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Affirmations
The view from here
Photo credit: mrsjadekenny
Video language resources about Affirmations
Click on an item to play that video:
- Daily Affirmations - Become a Vocabulary Genius
Daily affirmations video to become a vocabulary genius presented...
- Affirmations, Dream World, Jew is a Verb not Noun
Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi From the 4 Pack DVD set of Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi: "The Space Within" available for 80. (incl postage) through Spirit ...
- Soccer Smart: Positive Affirmations, Speech and Body Language
SoccerSmart brings you innovative and unique content in the field of cognitive soccer development. 5-week online instructors certification at ...
- Positive Affirmations - Learn English Language
This affirmation movie is designed for people who want to learn the English language with confidence.
- Soccer Smart Positive Affirmations, Body Language and Speech
Soccer Smart dives into the science behind cognitive soccer coaching with original and innovative content. Become a soccer smart certified instructor at ...
- Affirmation and Power of Words [Online Dictionary affirmations and words]
- Bridget's ESL Affirmations
- Conscious Language and Affirmations - Renaissance Orlando
See also the pronunciation examples of Affirmations!
Quotes about Affirmations
Scrabble value of A1F4F4I1R1M3A1T1I1O1N1S1
The value of this 12-letter word is 20 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Affirmations to see it in context!