On this page:
Definition of the noun affirmed
What does affirmed mean as a name of something?
- thoroughbred that won the triple crown in 1978
- examples: The teacher affirmed the decision of the student council. | Jane affirmed that she was telling the truth. | I affirmed that he was innocent. | He affirmed that he saw the crash. | He affirmed himself to be innocent. | He affirmed his innocence. | He affirmed the truth of her statement. | They affirmed their innocence. | When asking him if it was interesting, he showed a gentle smile and affirmed that there is no such thing as something interesting.
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- instance of: thoroughbred = a racehorse belonging to a breed that originated from a cross between Arabian stallions and English mares
Definition of the verb affirmed
What does affirmed mean as a doing word?
- past of affirm
Affirmed was an American Thoroughbred racehorse who was the eleventh winner of the United States Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing. Affirmed was also known for his famous rivalry with Alydar, whom he met ten times, including in all three Triple Crown races. To date, Affirmed is the last horse to win the Triple Crown.
- born on (39 years ago), child of Exclusive Native and Won't Tell You
- died on (13 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- American Champion Two-Year-Old Male Horse
- Triple Crown Trophy (1978 Winner of U.S. Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing)
- American Horse of the Year
- American Champion Three-Year-Old Male Horse
- American Horse of the Year
- American Champion Older Dirt Male Horse
"Affirmed" is a composition.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Affirmed
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Diachronic Evolutionary Approach by Paul Ziff
The moral value being affirmed is that which is based on the principle that all persons have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It is morally wrong to imprison someone without good and sufficient reason. Hence the moral value ...
by Mary Miles Prince
Affairs affidavit affirmed in, or affirming Aff. Action Compl.
The Supreme Court affirmed in part and reversed in part.
by William N. Thompson Ph.D.
A Selected List of Leading Thoroughbred Horses Affirmed Affirmed, the great-grandson of Native Dancer, won ...
by Robert S. Igoe
Direct Food Substances Affirmed As Generally Recognized As Safe The substances listed have been reviewed and determined by the Food and Drug Administration to be generally recognized as safe (GRAS) for the purposes and the other ...
In the Latin language, a single word has often the beloved of God is directly affirmed. Judgment. .* When the negative particle serves to disjoin ideas. ner in which they are put together. For wherever two what has been already observed in the ...
Being a Complete Encyclopedia of All the Case Law of the Federal Supreme Court Up to and Including Volume 206 U.S. Supreme Court Reports (book 51 Lawyers' Edition)
548, affirmed. Hiscock v. Varick Bank, 206 U. S. 28, ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis].
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
Hence it appears, that in the major the predicate of the conclusion is always affirmed or denied universally of the middle term. Again, the minor is an affirmative proposition, whereof the subject of the conclusion is the subject, and the middle ...
The idea affirmed or denied, as also the term answering it is called the predicate. Thus in the proposition, - Gc. d it omnipotent : Cod is the subject, it being of him that we affirm omnipotence ; and omnipotent is the predicate, because we affirm ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Affirmed
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Affirmed
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Affirmed
Scrabble value of A1F4F4I1R1M3E1D2
The value of this 8-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Affirmed to see it in context!