On this page:
- Definition of the noun afghani
- Definition of the adjective afghani
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afghani
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afghani
- Photos about Afghani
- Video language resources about Afghani
- Scrabble value of A1F4G2H4A1N1I1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun afghani
What does afghani mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- afghani: afghanis
- Afghani: -
- the basic unit of money in Afghanistan
- an Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan and Pakistan; the official language of Afghanistan
Alternative definition of the noun afghani
- A citizen or native of Afghanistan. From an Afghan point of view this name is wrongly being used for Afghans. After the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan millions of Afghans took refuge in neighboring Pakistan. The Pakistanis and the international aid agencies coined this word to speak of Pakistanis versus the Afghans.
- [usually, lowercase] A monetary currency used in Afghanistan, divided into 100 pul. See afghani.
Definition of the adjective afghani
What does afghani mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of or relating to or characteristic of Afghanistan or its people
Afghani is a fictional character from the 2009 film Kaminey: The Scoundrels.
Afghani a.k.a. Pashto is a language.
- read more about Pashto
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afghani
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert D. Burrowes
These returnees were dubbed “ Afghani ...
by David Seddon
Afghani. Official currency ofAfghanistan. In recent times atleast there have been several different banknotes in circulation, making itdifficult to assess the value of the afghani.Until theendof 2001 ...
by Ludwig W. Adamec
AFGHANI, SAYYID JAMAL AL-DIN (1838–1897). Father of the PanIslamic movement, Muslim modernist, and political propagandist who called for the unity of the Islamic world and selective borrowing from the West for the purpose of stemming ...
Encyclopedia of Islam (2009)
by Juan Eduardo Campo
leading advocate for Islamic revivalism and Muslim solidarity against European imperialism in the 19th century Some uncertainty surrounds the origins of Muslim writer, philosopher, and political activist Jamal al-Din al- Afghani, ...
by Mehmet Odekon
The new government faces a daunting task because Afghani society has long been characterized by inequality and a severe lack of essential social services for the poorest segment of the population. While the country continues to face ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afghani
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Afghani
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Afghani Men
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Afghani Bakery
Photo credit: paulhami
- Afghani Market
Photo credit: daveparker
- Afghani Policeman
Photo credit: nicksarebi
- Wool Afghani Style Runner
-Beautiful large runner with geometric patterning of natural coloring
-Small 1.5" fringe at 2 ends, the other 2 ends are finished
-Some areas where there is wear and some areas where the rug has worn through, some areas patched from the back (see photo)
All proceeds help us continue the fight against HIV/AIDS and homelessness
Photo credit: HousingWorksPhotos
- Afghani School Girl at Chalkboard
Photo credit: The Advocacy Project
- Afghani children in Iran
Selling prayers on Imam square in Esfahan
Photo credit: Ivan Mlinaric
- Afghan Money = Afghani's or Afs
Photo credit: peretzp
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Afghani
Click on an item to play that video:
- Afghani Meaning
Video shows what Afghani means. A citizen or native of Afghanistan. From an Afghan point of view this name is wrongly being used for Afghans. After the Soviet ...
- Afghani Meaning
Video shows what afghani means. A monetary currency being used in Afghanistan, divided into 100 pul.. afghani pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- Presentation In Afghani Language By Afghan Captain Nawroz Mangal
Cricket Afghanistan Australia South Africa India Sri Lanka Pakistan New Zealand England West Indies Bangladesh Ireland.
See also the pronunciation examples of Afghani!
Scrabble value of A1F4G2H4A1N1I1
The value of this 7-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Afghani to see it in context!