On this page:
Definition of the noun Aforia
What does Aforia mean as a name of something?
Aforia is a genus of Cochlespiridae, described by Dall in 1889.
- synonyms: genus Aforia / Danilacarina / genus Danilacarina / Irenosyrinx / genus Irenosyrinx / Steiraxis / genus Steiraxis
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Mollusca
- class: Gastropoda
- order: Neogastropoda
- family: Cochlespiridae
- species Aforia abyssalis
- species Aforia campbelli
- species Aforia chosenensis
- species Aforia circinata
- species Aforia clallamensis
- species Aforia crebristriata
- species Aforia ecuadoriana
- species Aforia goniodes
- species Aforia gonoides
- species Aforia goodei
- species Aforia hedleyi
- species Aforia indomaris
- species Aforia inoperculata
- species Aforia insignis
- species Aforia kincaidi
- species Aforia kupriyanovi
- species Aforia lepta
- species Aforia magnifica
- species Aforia moskalevi
- species Aforia multispiralis
- species Aforia obesa
- species Aforia okhotskensis
- species Aforia persimilis
- species Aforia serranoi
- species Aforia staminea
- species Aforia tasmanica
- species Aforia trilix
- species Aforia watsoni
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Aforia is a subgenus of Cochlespiridae, described by Dall in 1889.
Phrases with Aforia
Phrases starting with the word Aforia:
- Aforia Lepta
- Aforia goodei
- Aforia Trilix
- Aforia Watsoni
- Aforia Diomedea
- Aforia Goniodes
- Aforia Gonoides
- Aforia Hondoana
- Aforia Insignis
- Aforia Japonica
- Aforia Kincaidi
- Aforia Staminea
- Aforia Abyssalis
- Aforia Campbelli
- Aforia circinata
- Aforia Indomaris
- Aforia Magnifica
- Aforia Moskalevi
Phrases ending with the word Aforia:
View more phrases with the word Aforia in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aforia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Earth System History (2005)
by Steven M. Stanley
Oicil/ aforia is a photosynthetic form of cyanobacteria. Its filaments, which are about 5 micrometers (/j,m) in diameter, often form sticky Others form mats on the seafloor ...
by Arthur English
AfORIA. Dilatorius. That which delays or puts off; dilatory. Anciently applied to a plea by which action was delayed. Dilatory. Tending to cause delay. Dilatory defense. See DEFENSE, DILATORY. Dilatory pleas. Such as are put in for ...
by Sir William Smith
Afiopia : Mons Aforia). The name ascribed ...
Dictionarium Britannicum: Or a More Compleat Universal Etymological English Dictionary Than Any Exant. ... Illustrated with Near Five Hundred Cuts, for Giving a Clear Idea of Those Figures, Not So Well Apprehended by Verbal Description. ... by N. Bailey, ... Affisted in the Mathematical Part by G. Gordon; in the Botanical by P. Miller; and in the Etymological, & C. by T. Lediard, .. (1736)
AFORIA [with Rbrtaririom] a Figure where the Orator is at asland what to do, as, shall 1 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aforia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Aforia
Click on an item to play that video:
- Steven Howard 7Cs of Customer Retention | School Marketing Aforia 2011
Steven Howard of Howard Marketing Services is a leading marketing strategist, positioning specialist, consultant, and author. Dr Linda Vining of the Centre for ...
- School Marketing Aforia 2010 Adelaide - Neil Pierson Review
- School Marketing Aforia 2011 | Neil Pierson Review
- Afsaar Legion VF x Aforia x *Efort (Sold!)
- School Alumni Relations Aforia 2011Presentation | Centre for Marketing Schools
- School Marketing Aforia 2009 Covenant Christian School Sydney
- School Marketing Conference Aforia 2012 | Centre for Marketing Schools
- School Marketing - The Power of Word of Mouth Online Aforia 2011Presentation
Scrabble value of A1F4O1R1I1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aforia to find many related words and phrases!