On this page:
Definition of the noun aframomum melegueta
What does aframomum melegueta mean as a name of something?
- West African plant bearing pungent peppery seeds
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonyms of Aframomum melegueta: grains of paradise / Guinea grains / Guinea pepper / melagueta pepper
- more generic terms: herb / herbaceous plant = a plant lacking a permanent woody stem; many are flowering garden plants or potherbs; some having medicinal properties
- member of: Aframomum / genus Aframomum = an African genus of plants of the family Zingiberaceae
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aframomum melegueta
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Therapeutic Potential against Metabolic, Inflammatory, Infectious and Systemic Diseases by Victor Kuete
Aframomum melegueta is a Zingiberaceae family plant spice widely spread in Africa. It is an herbaceous perennial plant native to swampy habitats along the West African coast, commonly known as “grains of ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
English: wild cardamom in Tanzania: msamaka, mtuguu, mtunguru, tunguru Aframomum melegueta K. Schum. (Aframomum granaparadisi (L.) K. Schum.; Aframomum melegueta (Roscoe) K. Schum.; Aframomum meleguetella K. Schum .; ...
by G. Rehm
AUS Australian joint vetch 63 Aframomum melegueta (Rose.) K.Schum. Syn. Атотum melegueta Rose. e alligator pepper, Guinea grains f graines de paradis, maniguette g Malagettapfcffer s malagueta 64 Afrolicania elaeosperma Mildbr. Syn.
Encyclopedia of Food Grains (2015)
by Colin W Wrigley, Harold Corke, Koushik Seetharaman, Jonathan Faubion
• Aframomum melegueta ( Melegueta pepper). The seeds are used as flavoring for beverages, meats, ice cream, ...
by Michael Eskin, Snait Tamir
-paradol (Aframomum melegueta roscoe, ...
An Encyclopedia of History and Innovation by Thomas A. Green, Joseph R. Svinth
guinea pepper (probably Aframomum melegueta) is prepared. Competitors ingest this before fighting. Supernatural medicines prepared by ...
Eleventh Edition by Merriam-Webster
the pungent seeds of a West African plant ( Aframomum melegueta) of the ginger family that are used as a spice grain sorghum ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aframomum melegueta
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aframomum melegueta
If you need images about Aframomum melegueta for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aframomum melegueta to find many related words and phrases!