On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun african grey
What does african grey mean as a name of something?
- commonly domesticated grey parrot with red-and-black tail and white face; native to equatorial Africa
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- alternative spelling: African gray
- scientific name: Psittacus erithacus
- more generic word: parrot = usually brightly colored zygodactyl tropical birds with short hooked beaks and the ability to mimic sounds
- member of: genus Psittacus / Psittacus = type genus of the Psittacidae: usually restricted to the African grey
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Phrases with African grey
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for African grey
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jonathan Brindle
African grey hornbill, type of bird (Tockus nasutus). pl. tintuoIuso. tin [tín] n. Spear. pl. time. tisie [tisié] cf. közaa n, woven basket with guinea ...
Encyclopedia of Rainbows (2017)
Our World Organized by Color by Julie Seabrook Ream
African Grey 14 Insects.
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (2 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
Psittacus erithacus ( African grey parrot, grey parrot) and Poicephalus gulielmi (Psittaciformes, Psittacoidea, ...
Oxford Dictionary of English (2010)
by Angus Stevenson
African grey parrot 7noun another term for GREY PARROT. African horse sickness 7noun a notifiable viral disease of horses, which ...
by Brian W.J. Mahy, Marc H.V. van Regenmortel
PePV, the African grey parrot PV, also has two genes at the beginning of the early region that have little similarity with the classical E6 and E7 genes and have instead been designated E8 and E9. Functions of Viral Proteins The functions of ...
by Irving B. Weiner, W. Edward Craighead
Rico the Border Collie, Alex the African grey parrot, Betty the New Caledonian crow ...
An Encyclopedia of the World's Geographic Features by Joyce A. Quinn, Susan L. Woodward
The nearly extinct African Grey Parrot also inhabits the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for African grey
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about African grey
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about African grey parrot.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about African grey
Click on an item to play that video:
- Poppy the African Grey Shows off Her Vocabulary Part III
some variations and some different words and sayings.
- Poppy the African Grey Shows Off Her Vocabulary
Poppy spells her name and calls herself Poppy B. Parrot.
- Poppy the African Grey shows off her vocabulary Part II
new words and sayings.
- African Grey parrot displays extensive vocabulary
This is fun - water - bagel - got a visitor - eat your lettuce - got a bagel - peanut - squash - gotta go to the spa - got a piece of bread - lettuce - you're funny ha ha ...
- A Real African Grey.. 95 word vocabulary
- Jojo the talking African grey. He shares some of his vocabulary here, but can say so much more!
See also the pronunciation examples of African grey!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of African grey to see it in context!