On this page:
Definition of the noun african monitor
What does african monitor mean as a name of something?
- destroys crocodile eggs
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Lacerta capensis / species Lacerta capensis / Lacerta monitor / species Lacerta monitor / Lacerta nilotica / species Lacerta nilotica / Lacertus tupinambis / species Lacertus tupinambis / Monitor elegans / species Monitor elegans / Monitor niloticus / species Monitor niloticus / Monitor pulcher / species Monitor pulcher / Stellio saurus / species Stellio saurus / Tupinambis elegans / species Tupinambis elegans / Tupinambis stellatus / species Tupinambis stellatus / Varanus niloticus / species Varanus niloticus
- more generic terms: monitor / monitor lizard / varan = any of various large tropical carnivorous lizards of Africa and Asia and Australia
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for African monitor
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume 8: Environment by Martin Melosi
Boa constrictors, African monitor lizards, monkeys, and potbellied pigs are now found in the Everglades. Burmese pythons are breeding there. Reaching lengths of fifteen feet, these pythons have become an unexpected challenge for ...
Oxford Dictionary of English (2010)
by Angus Stevenson
African a large African monitor lizard.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for African monitor
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about African monitor
If you need images about African monitor for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of African monitor to find many related words and phrases!