On this page:
Definition of the noun african sandalwood
What does african sandalwood mean as a name of something?
- small shrubby African tree with hard wood used as a dyewood yielding a red dye
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Baphia barombiensis / species Baphia barombiensis / Baphia haematoxylon / species Baphia haematoxylon / Baphia nitida pubescens / variety Baphia nitida pubescens / Baphia pyrifolia / species Baphia pyrifolia / Carpolobia versicolor / species Carpolobia versicolor / Dalhousiea pyrifolia / species Dalhousiea pyrifolia / Delaria pyrifolia / species Delaria pyrifolia / Podalyria haematoxylon / species Podalyria haematoxylon / Baphia nitida
- synonym of African sandalwood: camwood
- more generic word: tree = a tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown
- member of: Baphia / genus Baphia = small genus of shrubs and lianas and trees of Africa and Madagascar
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for African sandalwood
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
in English: African mahogany tree, African sandalwood, African spirostachys, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for African sandalwood
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about African sandalwood
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'African sandalwood"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of African sandalwood to find many related words and phrases!