On this page:
- Definition of the noun afro
- Phrases with Afro
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afro
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afro
- Photos about Afro
- Video language resources about Afro
- Quotes about Afro
- Scrabble value of A1F4R1O1
- Anagrams of AFRO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun afro
What does afro mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- afro: afros
- Afro: Afros
- a rounded thickly curled hairdo
Alternative definition of the noun afro
- A hairstyle characterized by a tightly curled locks and a rounded shape.
Afro a.k.a. Affretair was a cargo airline based in Zimbabwe.
- official website: www.planet.nu/sunshinecity/affretair
Afro a.k.a. Afro-Rican is a popular Miami bass and hip-hop group, most famous for their genre-shaping 1987 hit "Give it All You Got", as well as their 1995 hit "All of Puerto Rico". The group is the brainchild of Derrick Rahming, and the remainder of the lineup has changed over the years. Most fans consider the classic lineup to be Rahming, Juan Arroyo, and Marcus Rice.
- read more about Afro-Rican
- Afro is a fictional character from the 1961 film The Vengeance of Ursus.
- Afro is a fictional character from the 2013 film Funeral.
"Afro" is a 2012 short film written and directed by Ninja Thyberg.
- country: Sweden
- language: Swedish Language
- written by Ninja Thyberg
- released in
- "Afro" is an album by trumpeter Dizzy Gillespie recorded in 1954 and originally released on the Norgran label.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (61 years ago)
- "Afro" is a musical album by Novalima.
- "Afro" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Afro" is a musical album of Oliver Nelson.
- Afro, sometimes shortened to 'fro and also known as a "natural", is a hairstyle worn naturally by people with lengthy kinky hair texture or specifically styled in such a fashion by individuals with naturally curly or straight hair. The hairstyle is created by combing the hair away from the scalp, allowing the hair to extend out from the head in a large, rounded shape, much like a halo, cloud or ball.
- also known as 爆炸頭
- Afro is a print ad.
Phrases with Afro
Phrases starting with the word Afro:
- afro hairdo
- Afro-Seminole Creole
- Afro-American House Gecko
Other phrases containing the word Afro:
- Moraea Afro-Orientale
- Moraea Afro-Orientalis
- Synodontis Afro-Fischeri
- Kyllinga Afro-Occidentalis
- Bulbostylis Afro-Orientalis
View more phrases with the word Afro in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afro
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Fitting Clothes into Context by Jennifer Grayer Moore
The Afro is an iconic hairstyle that was predominantly worn by African American men, women, and youths from the...
The Afro is a hairstyle that showcases the natural beauty of kinky, curly hair and was therefore also referred to as “the natural.
Foundations of Nanomechanics (2002)
From Solid-State Theory to Device Applications by Andrew N. Cleland
will be restricted to the set where m and n are integers running from —Af/2 to + Af/2, and L = Afro is the length of the (square) crystal along each axis. The range ...
An International Handbook of the Languages of Europe
being afro-american. Furthermore, afro is a noun, while afroamerican is an adjective (potentially convertible to a noun), so the clipping here involves a change in word-class too, which is quite typical for grammatical but not for extragrammatical ...
Notes from the Hyena's Belly (2015)
An Ethiopian Boyhood by Nega Mezlekia
By the way, an Afro is a nono—it is evidence of the corrupting influence of American imperialism. When the school year ended,
by Terry M. Mays, Mark W. Delancey
de Financement du Developpement Afro–Asian Housing Organization/ Organisation Afro–Asiatique de L'habitat Alliance for Africa's Industrialization Asian–African Legal Consultative Commission All-African People's Conference Afro–Asian ...
An Encyclopedia by James B. Minahan
Many Afro—Cuban activists are among the most well known of the politi— cal dissidents seeking greater freedom for all the people of Cuba. Further Reading Daniel, Yvonne. Rumba: Dance and Social Change in Contemporary Cuba ( Blacks ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afro
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Afro
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: George Alexander Ishida Newman
Photo credit: Jeremy Perez Photos
Photo credit: scragz
Dupont Circle (Washington, DC)
Photo credit: Poldavo (Alex)
Photo credit: Daquella manera
Photo credit: Flo's shots 4 me
Photo credit: Daquella manera
Photo credit: dreamsjung
Photo credit: VBC17
Photo credit: Thirza Perim Fotografia
Photo credit: tuppus
Photographer Rachel Swallows
Model Robin Rondini
Photo credit: Rachel Swallows (Second Life Only)
Photo credit: Flo's shots 4 me
- Afro kid
Photo credit: Imamon
- Afro Envy
Photo credit: Dan Zen
- Austin's small afro
Austin chopped most of his afro off :...
Photo credit: Phil Denton
- Afro Halo
Photo credit: freezr
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Afro
Click on an item to play that video:
- Klassmates feat. Sphelele - Mahogany Deep (Saltonic's Afro Definition)
- Fluffy Afro w. Curls and Definition From Twist Out | African American Natural Hair
- Relationships: Purpose & Meaning W/ Afro Khadisiac
YouTube Channel TakeOver features Afro Khadisiac taking over YRProductionsTv and explaining her take on Relationships Purpose and Meanings.
- Afro Meaning
Video shows what afro means. A hairstyle characterized by a tightly curled locks and a rounded shape.. afro synonyms: 'fro. Afro Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Afro Chopin #1: A definition of Kwaai Jazz
For the launch of his new project, Afro Chopin, Don Laka explains the concept and history of Kwaai Jazz and how it developed.
- AFRO at Rhythm & Brews- Sine Language
- TONIGHT BAND : Mandy and Laceys song, Afro , lyrics under description !
See also the pronunciation examples of Afro!
Quotes about Afro
Scrabble value of A1F4R1O1
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AFRO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Afro!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Afro to see it in context!