On this page:
Definition of the noun afrocarpus
What does afrocarpus mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- dioecious evergreen trees or shrubs; equatorial to southern and southeastern Africa: yellowwood; similar to trees or genus Podocarpus
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Afrocarpus: genus Afrocarpus
- more generic term: gymnosperm genus = a genus of gymnosperms
- member of: family Podocarpaceae / Podocarpaceae / podocarpus family = gymnosperms with simple persistent needlelike or scalelike leaves
- member: Afrocarpus falcata / bastard yellowwood / common yellowwood = medium-sized tree of South Africa
Phrases with Afrocarpus
Phrases starting with the word Afrocarpus:
Phrase ending with the word Afrocarpus:
Other phrases containing the word Afrocarpus:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afrocarpus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
Page (Afrocarpus dawei (Stapf) C.N. Page; Afrocarpus mannii (Hook.f.) C.N. Page; Decussocarpus mannii (Hook.f.) de Laub.; Nageia mannii (Hook.f.) Kuntze; Nageia mannii var. usambarensis (Pilg.) Silb.; Podocarpus dawei Stapf; ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Afrocarpus (Buchholz & N. Gray) C.N. Page Podocarpaceae Origins: From Africa and Podocarpus L'Hent. ex Pers Afrocarum Rauschert Umbelliferae Origins: ...
Encyclopedia of Ecology (2014)
The Southern Cape forests are very patchy with mainly subtropical sclerophyllous trees and conifers (Afrocarpus, Podocarpus). Forests of Mediterranean Chile are more diverse due to the strong latitudinal gradient and the increase in rainfall ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afrocarpus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Afrocarpus
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Afrocarpus
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'afrocarpus"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1F4R1O1C3A1R1P3U1S1
The value of this 10-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Afrocarpus to find many related words and phrases!