Aft appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Mars, of UFO test fame: ’tis a gas item aft set of UFOs ram.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective aft
- Definition of the adverb aft
- Definition of the noun aft
- Phrases with Aft
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aft
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aft
- Photos about Aft
- Videos about Aft
- Quotes about Aft
- Scrabble value of A1F4T1
- Anagrams of AFT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective aft
What does aft mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: after |
- (nautical, aeronautical) situated at or toward the stern or tail
Definition of the adverb aft
What does aft mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- at or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane
Definition of the noun aft
What does aft mean as a name of something?
Specialised definition of the noun aft
Glossary of sports / sailing
towards the stern of a boat (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
Aft a.k.a. Afutara Airport is an airport near the village of Afutara on Malaita in the Solomon Islands. It is 37.89 miles from Auki airport.
- part of Solomon Islands
AFT a.k.a. The American Farmland Trust is an organization that was founded in 1980 to protect farmland and ranch land in the United States, promote environmentally sound farming practices and keep farmers on the land.
- read more about American Farmland Trust
- released in (36 years ago)
- Aft a.k.a. Afitti Language: Afitti is a language spoken on the eastern side of Jebel el-Dair, a solitary rock formation in the North Kordofan province of Sudan. Although the term ‘Dinik’ can be used to designate the language regardless of cultural affiliation, people in the villages of the region readily recognize the terms ‘Ditti’ and ‘Afitti.’ There are approximately 4000 speakers of the Afitti language and its closest linguistic neighbor is the Nyimang language, spoken west of Jebel el-Dair in the Nuba Mountains of the South Kordofan province of Sudan.
- also known as Dinik, Affitti, Ditti, Unietti, Dinik language
- Aft a.k.a. Afghanistan Time Zone is a time zone.
- AFT a.k.a. Agence France Trésor is the French Treasury agency, in charge of debt management & funding.
- read more about Agence France Trésor
Phrases with Aft
Phrases ending with the word Aft:
Other phrases containing the word Aft:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aft
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis]. (1839)
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
Aft. 4, 30; dig. 4. M. March 19. Aft ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica, Or, A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Miscellaneous Literature (1823)
In Application of the fore- dicular - - - - 2 4 Round aft of the wing transom - o 6 of the foregoing Rules Height of ditto from the upper edge of the Round up of the wing transom - o 5' ...
by William Nicholson
Both counters being formed at the middle line, the upper part of the stern timber must be thus finished: set up, as before, 14 feet 7 inches, the height of the top- timber line aft, draw a horizontal line; then set off abaft the aft side of the wing ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aft
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aft
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: kizzzbeth
Photo credit: lovstromp
Photo credit: phunkstarr
- AFT 4449 Soda Cr November 1975xc
Photo credit: drewj1946
- First class promenade deck, looking aft
Title: [First class promenade deck, looking aft]
Creator: Bedford Lemere & Co.
Date: ca. 1905-1907
Place: The United Kingdom
Part Of: Photographs of Q.S.T.S. ''Lusitania''
Physical Description: 1 photographic print: gelatin silver; 24 x 30 cm.
- Exterior - aft
Photo credit: ScaryComputer
- VA: AFT after a rainy walk
Photo credit: AFL-CIO Field
- Looking Aft
Looking aft from the foredeck, with the mainsail up.
Photo credit: Craig Stanfill
- Looking out aft from the Ruby Princess
Photo credit: chris favero
- Looking Aft
Photo credit: Ken McMillan
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Aft
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Fore and Aft.
See also the pronunciation examples of Aft!
Quotes about Aft
Scrabble value of A1F4T1
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AFT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Aft!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aft to see it in context!