On this page:
"After Earth": One Thousand A.E. is 2013 Science Fiction written by Stephen Gaghan and Gary Whitta and directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
- also known as 1000 A.E., One Thousand A.E.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: James Lassiter, Caleeb Pinkett, Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith
- executive producers: M. Night Shyamalan & E. Bennett Walsh
- production design by Thomas E. Sanders
- art direction by Naaman Marshall, Dean Wolcott, Robert W. Joseph
- written by Gary Whitta & M. Night Shyamalan
- based on a story by Will Smith
- Will Smith as Cypher Raige
- Jaden Smith as Kitai Raige
- Zoë Kravitz
- Sophie Okonedo
- Kristofer Hivju as Security Chief
- Gilbert Soto as Evacuee
- Corey Brown as Cadet Brown
- David Denman as McQuarrie
- Shawn Gonzalez as Evacuee
- Lincoln Lewis as Bo
- Sacha Dhawan as Pilot
- Chris Geere as Navigator
- Jon Douglas Rainey as Earth Evacuee
- Jaden Martin as Young Kitai
- Albert Spider Valladares as Ranger
- Demetrice Nguyen as Chris
- casting by Douglas Aibel
- cinematography by Peter Suschitzky
- edited by Steven Rosenblum
- music by James Newton Howard
- costume design by Amy Westcott
- set decoration by Rosemary Brandenburg
- genres: Science Fiction, Adventure Film, Action Film
- released on
- Razzie Award for Worst Picture
- Razzie Award for Worst Actor nomination for Jaden Smith
- Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor nomination for Will Smith
- Razzie Award for Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble nomination for Will Smith & Jaden Smith
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Director nomination for M. Night Shyamalan
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Screenplay nomination for M. Night Shyamalan, Gary Whitta, Will Smith
- Razzie Award for Worst Actor, received by Jaden Smith
- Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor, received by Will Smith
- Razzie Award for Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble, received by Jaden Smith & Will Smith
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for After Earth
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Historical, Philosophical, and Scientific Foundations of Modern Cosmology by Norriss S. Hetherington
A passage in theprologue toGilgamesh andtheHuluppu Tree recountsthe separation of heavenand earth, as well asthe distributionof cosmic regions to three gods: After Heaven was made distant from Earth, After Earth wasmade remote ...
by Timothy M. Kusky, Katherine E. Cullen
billion years ago, 1 billion years after Earth formed. stromatolites are a group of generally dome- shaped or conical mounds, ...
by Patricia Monaghan
After earth, the symbol most commonly associated with goddesses is water, both as the fresh water of rivers and streams, and as the oceans' salty waves. The gendering of water as feminine is not invariable, however. Some mythologies ...
billion years ago, shortly after Earth, but unlike Earth its surface has hardly changed in billions of years. The dark “seas”, or maria, on its near side are flat plains formed by giant floods of lava that erupted about 3 ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
A story about Gilgamesh refers in its introductory lines to the times “after heaven had been moved away from earth, after earth had been separated from heaven.” The same notion that heaven and earth were once close together occurs also in ...
by Julian F. Pas
One quote from the Tao-te ching will clarify this: Humans model themselves after Earth.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for After Earth
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about After Earth
Click on an item to view that photo:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of After Earth to see it in context!