On this page:
Definition of the noun after-shave lotion
What does after-shave lotion mean as a name of something?
- a fragrant lotion for a man's face after shaving
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of after-shave lotion: after-shave
- more generic word: lotion = any of various cosmetic preparations that are applied to the skin
- more specific term: bay rum = an aromatic liquid originally obtained by distilling the leaves of the bayberry tree with rum
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for After-Shave Lotion
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Claire Kowalchik, William H. Hylton
AFTER-SHAVE LOTIONS If shaving irritates your face, splash on some herbal after-shave lotion. The coolness of the lotion and the healing and invigorating qualities of the herbal oil will feel wonderful against your skin, and you will feel ...
Shorter Slang Dictionary (2003)
by Paul Beale, Eric Partridge
of a man using highly scented hair oil, aftershave lotion, after-shave lotion, etc). smell of the barman's apron, ...
The Kentucky Encyclopedia (2015)
by John E. Kleber
” Confiscating the cadets' after-shave lotion, Buckner said, “Cadets should work and smell like men.
by Robert A. Lewis
A scented, alcohol-based liquid used as a perfume, after-shave lotion, or deodorant. Combustible. Cologne brown. See Van Dyke brown. colonial. Condition in which many unicellular organisms live together in a somewhat coordinated group.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for After-Shave Lotion
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of After-Shave Lotion to find many related words and phrases!