On this page:
- Definition of the noun afterlife
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afterlife
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afterlife
- Photos about Afterlife
- Video language resources about Afterlife
- Quotes about Afterlife
- Scrabble value of A1F4T1E1R1L1I1F4E1
- Anagrams of AFTERLIFE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun afterlife
What does afterlife mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: afterlives
- life after death
- examples: I think Hitler will have an unpleasant afterlife. | He believes in an afterlife. | She doesn't believe in an afterlife. | He wasn't concerned with his afterlife.
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- synonym of afterlife: hereafter
- more generic words: life / life-time / lifespan / lifetime = the period during which something is functional
- more specific terms:
- "Afterlife" a.k.a. "After.Life" is a 2009 American psychological thriller film starring Liam Neeson, Christina Ricci and Justin Long, directed by Agnieszka Wójtowicz-Vosloo from her original screenplay.
- read more about After.Life
- "AfterLife" is a 2003 film drama set in Scotland directed by Alison Peebles and original screen play by Andrea Gibb. An ambitious Scottish journalist forced to choose between his high-flying career or caring for his younger sister who has Down syndrome.
- countries: Scotland, United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producers: Catherine Aitken & Ros Borland
- production design by Jacqueline Smith
- written by Andrea Gibb
- cinematography by Grant Cameron
- edited by Colin Monie
- music by Paddy Cunneen
- genre: Drama
- released in (13 years ago)
- award: - BAFTA Award for Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer nomination for Andrea Gibb
- "Afterlife" is a 1978 animated short by Ishu Patel that takes an impressionistic look at life after death, based on recent studies, case histories and myths. In the film, the afterlife state is portrayed as a working-out of all the individual's past experiences. Afterlife was produced by Derek Lamb for the National Film Board of Canada. A film without words, Afterlife received numerous awards including a Golden Sheaf Award, a Genie Award for Best Animated Film and the award for Best short Film from the Montreal World Film Festival. Music is by Herbie Mann, performing the David Mills composition, "In Tangier", from his album Stone Flute.
- also known as Après la vie
- country: Canada
- genre: Animation
- released in (38 years ago)
- "Afterlife" is a 2014 drama comedy family film written and directed by Virág Zomborácz.
- also known as Utóélet, Dalsí zivot mého otce
- country: Hungary
- language: Hungarian language
- producer: Ferenc Pusztai
- production design by Lilla Takács
- written by Virág Zomborácz
- cinematography by Gergely Pohárnok
- edited by Karoly Szalai
- music by Adam Balazs
- costume design by Nóra Zelenka
- genres: Drama, Comedy, Family
- released on
- "Afterlife" is a film.
- starring: Raymond Moody
- genres: Documentary film, Spiritual film
- released in (6 years ago)
- "AfterLife" is a short drama film directed by Lana Garland.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afterlife
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Klezmer's Afterlife (2013)
An Ethnography of the Jewish Music Revival in Poland and Germany by Magdalena Waligorska
Klezmers Afterlife is the first book to investigate this fascinating music scene in Central Europe, giving voice to the musicians, producers and consumers of the resuscitated klezmer.
by Andrew Clifford
Afterlife is a theoretical process whereas God is a theoretical person. Afterlife as a process...
Consuming Grief (2001)
Compassionate Cannibalism in an Amazonian Society by Beth A. Conklin
For some lowland South American peoples, the afterlife is a world without marriage or affines, where everyone is blood kin...
by Leland Ryken, James C. Wilhoit, Tremper Longman III
AFTERLIFE The afterlife is a central image of the Christian faith. All human beings are destined to...
The Element Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Hauntings: The Ultimate A–Z of Spirits, Mysteries and the Paranormal (2010)
by Theresa Cheung
Afterlife (also known as life after death) is the continuation of existence beyond this world or after death. There are various sources for this belief, but the one most relied upon is the testimony of individuals who claim to have knowledge of the ...
Mummies around the World: An Encyclopedia of Mummies in History, Religion, and Popular Culture (2014)
An Encyclopedia of Mummies in History, Religion, and Popular Culture by Matt Cardin
The afterlife is described in these texts as an underworld called Duat, which is ruled by the god Osiris. It was open to everyone, and the deceased who went there became like Osiris. Therefore, deceased individuals are referred in the texts as ...
by Phil G
Afterlife from the Standpoint of Science There are at least five types of scientifically proven afterlife scenarios. 1) First off, genetics. When you procreate, a large portion of your DNA survives you in the form of your children, direct relatives and to ...
by Jean-Charles Seigneuret
Common Features of the Afterlife One should expect a certain amount of repetition in accounts of the afterlife, regardless of the era or culture that is represented. Like any archetype, the afterlife ...
by Molefi Kete Asante, Ama Mazama
the afterlife played a central role ; the people of Kemet called it wHm anx (wehem ankh), repeating life. It was considered a spiritual and ethical goal and a reward for a righteous life on Earth —in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afterlife
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Afterlife
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: moreofavideoguy
Photo credit: cdrummbks
Photo credit: alice_n_wonderland
A dragonfly was born. The remains of odonata metamorphosis.
Photo credit: Olgierd Pstrykotwórca
Photo credit: cdrummbks
Photo credit: Uploaded
Photo credit: Sanford Robert Scheller
Photo credit: Charkrem
Photo credit: faungg's photos
Photo credit: Paul Varuni
Audience illuminated, shadows cast through stage lighting and simulated fog during the set of an opening act for the Pixies at the University of California San Diego's Rimac arena. Can't recall the name of the opener, a pair of electro keyboardist types. But by the time the Pixies took stage, the empty floor area silhouetted by shadows was packed full of bodies.
Photo credit: Keoni Cabral
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Afterlife
Click on an item to play that video:
- Meaning of Afterlife
Psychic Mediums John Edward, Jonathan Louis, and Glenn Dove discuss what the afterlife is.
- Unit B601 GCSE Afterlife Revision:Explanation of how beliefs affect behaviour
Explanation of the link between Christian belief about afterlife and how it affects decisions and behaviour whilst living on earth.
- Afterlife Meaning
Video shows what afterlife means. Life after death.. afterlife synonyms: hereafter, other side. Afterlife Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- Ancient Egypt's Description Of The Place Of Afterlife & The Celestial Nile - Danny Wilten
Links & Information: --------------------------- An Overview Of This Channel And Its Purpose...
- Verb M. - Afterlife
View more videos about The Afterlife.
See also the pronunciation examples of Afterlife!
Quotes about Afterlife
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife. (Douglas Adams)
more quotes about afterlife...
Scrabble value of A1F4T1E1R1L1I1F4E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AFTERLIFE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- I FELT FEAR.
- LIFE AFTER
See also the blanagrams of Afterlife!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Afterlife to see it in context!