On this page:
- Definition of the adverb afterwards
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afterwards
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afterwards
- Photos about Afterwards
- Video language resources about Afterwards
- Quotes about Afterwards
- Scrabble value of A1F4T1E1R1W4A1R1D2S1
- Share this page
The word afterwards is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adverb afterwards
What does afterwards mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- happening at a time subsequent to a reference time
- examples: The church we went past crumbled five minutes afterwards due to a huge earthquake and more than a 100 churchgoers were buried alive. | To Bob's disappointment, several of those who had promised to help him afterwards backed out. | Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards. | Afterwards there will be hell to pay. | At first I was not sure which one I wanted, but afterwards I decided on this red one. | He will come afterwards. | When I asked afterwards it seems he hadn't said that as a joke. | Even if that's alright with you nobody else will accept it. I'll get shouted at afterwards so... | I note down absolutely everything, but they're no good to me afterwards. | I felt very light on my feet afterwards.
- synonyms of afterwards: after / afterward / later / later on / subsequently
Alternative definition of the adverb afterwards
- [context: temporal location, chiefly US] At a later or succeeding time.
- "Afterwards" is a 2008 film directed by Gilles Bourdos.
- also known as Et Apres, Premonición, メッセージ
- countries: Canada, France, Germany
- languages: English Language, French
- producers: Olivier Delbosc, Marc Missonnier, Christian Gagne & Christian Larouche
- executive producer: Christine De Jekel
- production design by Anne Pritchard
- art direction by Jory Adam & Colombe Raby
- written by Michel Spinosa & Gilles Bourdos
- based on "Et après" by Guillaume Musso
- John Malkovich as Kay
- Romain Duris as Nathan
- Evangeline Lilly as Claire
- Pascale Bussières as Anna
- Reece Thompson as Jeremy
- Bruno Verdoni as Doctor
- James Arden as Dennis
- Brooke Campbell as Passenger #1
- Sara Waisglass as Tracey
- Glenda Braganza as Rachel
- Dave Colon as Airline Traveler
- Joan Gregson as Mother in law
- Mark Camacho as Lawyer #1
- Robin Wilcock as Lawyer #2
- Edward Yankie as Lawyer #3
- Carlo Mestroni as Lawyer #4
- Leni Parker as Admission clerk
- Henri Pardo as Haitian spokesman
- Sophi Knight as Claire
- Morgan Rouchy as Nathan
- Lois Dellar as Volunteer
- Jason Cavalier as Young guy
- Brigitte Catillon as Translator
- Simone-Elise Girard as Nathan's mother
- Sara Bradeen as Claire's mother
- Marcel Jeannin as Claire's father
- Randy Blair as Evangelist
- Ryann Trofimczuk as Tracey
- Holly O'Brien as Ordely
- Robert Robinson as PCU patient
- Mireille Metellus as Haitian woman
- Sergei Priselkov as Rachevsky
- Marianne Farley as Judy
- Alex Kudrytsky as Ivan
- Ludmila Shenker as Grandmother
- Scott Faulconbridge as Intern
- Nancy-Ann Michaud as Bank teller #1
- Sally Taylor-Isherwood as Jennifer
- Charles-Olivier Pelletier as Anna's son
- George Lagodich as Orthodox priest
- Paul Aranas as MTA employee
- Catrina Ganey as Subway woman
- Jude Benny as Bank woman
- Marina Lapina as Russian woman
- Ivan Smith as NYPD cop
- Linda Smith as Female bank customer
- Cory Fantie as Male bank customer
- Emile Dessureault as Paul
- Théophile Desmarais-Labbé as Paul
- Pascal Anctil as Passer-by
- casting by Andrea Kenyon & Randi Wells
- cinematography by Mark Lee Ping Bin
- edited by Valérie Deseine
- music by Alexandre Desplat
- costume design by Mario Davignon
- set decoration by Louise Tremblay
- location: Montreal
- genres: Psychological thriller, Thriller, Mystery, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Afterwards" is a 2009 short drama film written and directed by Sonja Marie Krajewski.
- also known as Vorher:nachher, Vorher nachher
- country: Germany
- language: German Language
- producers: Bernd T. Hoefflin & Lars Büchel
- production design by Bader El Hindi
- written by Sonja Marie Krajewski
- cinematography by Manuel Mack
- edited by Steven Wilhelm
- music by Peter Hinderthür
- costume design by Helen Achtermann
- genre: Drama
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Afterwards" is a 1928 British silent drama film directed by Lawson Butt and starring Marjorie Hume, Julie Suedo and Joseph R. Tozer. It was made at Bushey Studios, and based on a novel by Kathlyn Rhodes.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- genres: Silent film, Romance Film, Drama
- released in (87 years ago)
- "Afterwards" a.k.a. "Their Big Moment" is a 1934 comedy mystery film based on the play "Afterwards" by Walter C. Hackett, written by Arthur Caesar and Marion Dix and directed by James Cruze.
- read more about Their Big Moment
- "Afterwards" is a book by Rachel Seiffert.
- genre: Fiction
- subject: Literary
- "Afterwards" is a book written by Amy Bartlett.
- genre: Poetry
- award: - National Poetry Series, received by Amy Bartlett
- "Afterwards" is a play by Walter C. Hackett.
- "Afterwards" a.k.a. "Et après": Et apres is a novel by Guillaume Musso.
- read more about Et après
- "Afterwards" is a book by Gina Berriault.
- "Afterwards" is a musical album of Alexandre Desplat, soundtrack.
- also known as Afterwards Soundtrack
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Afterwards" is a musical single of Wolf Lambert.
- "Afterwards" is a musical single of Kim Bo Kyung.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Afterwards" is a musical single of Van der Graaf Generator.
- released in (46 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afterwards
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The London Encyclopaedia (1829)
Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art, Literature, and Practical Mechanics, Comprising a Popular View of the Present State of Knowledge. Illustrated by Numerous Engravings, a General Atlas, and Appropriate Diagrams by Thomas Curtis
Andrews, fellow and master of Pembroke Hall, in Cambridge ; then dean of Westminster, afterwards bishop of Winchester. Dr. Overall, fellow of Trinity College, master of Katharine Hall, in Cambridge ; then dean of St. Paul's, afterwards ...
by Sir Sidney Low, Frederick Sanders Pulling
(afterwards Edward II.) Edward, son of Edward III. (the Black Prince). Richard, son of the Black Prince (ufterwards Richard II.) Henry, son of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afterwards
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Afterwards
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Rachel Hoefling
Photo credit: frankh
Photo credit: andrewcparnell
Photo credit: tsakshaug
Photo credit: watashiwani
Photo credit: goforchris
After the trip to Cumbria (where the sun shines), including two hours stuck on the A14 in a snow storm.
Photo credit: Mark Hoogenboom
A gathering of graduates after one of the ceremonies on Wednesday.
Photo credit: David Michael Morris
Photo credit: Unlisted Sightings
1st of June '14
Photo credit: Muhammad Ashiq
In the back, Gehrardt, Ramisch, Schriddel, Desmaison and Hemming; in the second rank, Lother and Burke; in front, Bodin and Guillot.
Photo credit: nordique
Photo credit: goforchris
Ice cream and an espresso
Photo credit: johanwe
Photo credit: jenny818
Photo credit: nick farnhill
Photo credit: J. Andrew Crosby
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: ccfarmer
- Discussions afterwards
United for Iran - Global Day of Action July 25
After the event: some rally goers still hang around, finding friends, chatting, or having discussions. The man with the flag is wearing his grandfather's Lor costume.
Photo credit: marjoleincc
Photo credit: effin_peaz
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Afterwards
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sarah Shephard Dialect Coach on 5 news at 7 then afterwards Emma Crosby saying 'tara'
Reporter Simon Vigar visits a dialect coah to learn Mancunian after complaints about Michelle Collin's accent on Corrie ! Then Emma Crosby saying Tara with ...
- Afterwards Meaning
Video shows what afterwards means. At a later or succeeding time.. afterwards pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. afterwards ...
- Afterwards with explanation of how new cooling system works
- A Brief Explanation Afterwards
See also the pronunciation examples of Afterwards!
Quotes about Afterwards
Scrabble value of A1F4T1E1R1W4A1R1D2S1
The value of this 10-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Afterwards to see it in context!