On this page:
- Afton is a town in Lincoln County, Wyoming, United States. The population was 1,911 at the 2010 census. Afton is home to the world's largest arch made of elk antlers. Spanning 75 feet across the four lanes of US Highway 89, the arch consists of 3,011 elk antlers and weighs 15 tons.
- Afton is a city in Washington County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 2,886 at the 2010 census. It is located on a small bay where Valley Creek empties into the St. Croix River several miles north of the confluence with the Mississippi River.
- Afton is a town in Ottawa County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 1,049 as of the 2010 census, with population growth stemming from the near abandonment of nearby towns of Cardin and Picher because of ground contamination sites by local mining quarries. The town may have been named for the Scottish river Afton.
- Afton is a city in Union County, Iowa, United States. The population was 845 at the 2010 census.
- Afton is a town in Chenango County, New York, United States. The population was 2,851 at the 2010 census. Afton is situated in the southeast corner of the county and lies wholly within the original township of Clinton. It was formed from the town of Bainbridge on November 18, 1857, and derives its name from Afton Water, a small river in the parish of New Cumnock, Ayrshire, Scotland, immortalized by the poet Robert Burns. It is bounded on the north by Bainbridge and Coventry, on the east by Delaware County, and on the west and south by Broome County.
- Afton is an unincorporated community in Albemarle and Nelson counties in the U.S. State of Virginia. It is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains about 20 miles west of Charlottesville.
- Afton is an unincorporated community in the Town of Rock, in Rock County, Wisconsin, United States. The town hall for the Town of Rock is in Afton.
- Afton is an unincorporated community in northern Dickens County, Texas, United States.
- Afton a.k.a. Afton, Tennessee: Afton is an unincorporated community in Greene County, Tennessee. It is believed that the community's name comes from Robert Burns's song "Sweet Afton", about the River Afton in Scotland. Its ZIP code is 37616.
- read more about Afton, Tennessee
- Afton is a village in Chenango County, New York, United States. The population was 822 at the 2010 census. The village is named after the poem "Sweet Afton" by Scottish poet Robert Burns, referring to the River Afton in Ayrshire, Scotland.
- Afton is an unincorporated community in Preston County, West Virginia, United States. It lies on County Route 28. Their Post Office has been closed.
- AFTON is an Aviation waypoint.
- Afton a.k.a. Afton, Delaware: Afton is an unincorporated community in New Castle County, Delaware, United States. It is a suburban development located off Marsh Road north of Naamans's Road.
- read more about Afton, Delaware
- Afton a.k.a. Afton, Glenn County, California: Afton is an unincorporated community in Glenn County, California. It is located 3.25 miles south-southeast of Butte City, at an elevation of 72 feet.
- read more about Afton, Glenn County, California
Afton is a member of the Volturi guard. The Vampire Index in the back of Breaking Dawn states that Afton is gifted, but his gift is unknown. He has a mate named Chelsea.
- created by Stephenie Meyer
"Afton" is a musical EP of Anni Rossi.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afton
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Summer's Jaunt from Otsego to the Chesapeake by Clarence Weathers Bump
Afton is a healthy place and has a constantly growing stream of summer visitors. There are several pretty walks and drives from the village, as we found today. Four miles southeast on a stage road to Deposit is Vallonla Springs, whose hotel ...
Reports and Decisions of the Interstate Commerce Commission of the United States by United States. Interstate Commerce Commission
Afton is a small village of a few hundred inhabitants. It supports two or three stores, but has apparently no resident coal dealer, coal being delivered there usually from the cars. Hastings is a prosperous town of some 4,000 population, with the ...
How Women Make Money (2004)
Inspirational Stories and Practical Advice from Canadian Women by Julie V. Watson
The couple believe in giving back, and say a special thing about owning Glen Afton is that it enables them to give memberships each year to adults or juniors who love golfing but can't afford it. “It seems that someone comes along each year ...
From Abbotts to Zurich (2004)
New York State Placenames by Ren Vasiliev
Afton is a river in Britain that the Scottish poet Burns described in "Flow Gently Sweet Afton." Before the separation of the towns, the post office and village at Afton were called South Bainbridge. [APN:3; Smith-C&M:134, 144; WPANY:452 ] ...
A Guide to Unique Places by Mark Weinberger
During the summer, Afton is a popular destination for boaters who ply the river and bicyclists who cruise the quiet county roads. Although this area is scenic during the summer, it shows off its beauty during autumn, when the oaks and maples ...
The Works (1834)
In Four Volumes by Robert Burns, Allan Cunningham
Afton is a small stream in Ayrshire, one of the tributaries of the Nith ; Alton-lodge stands upon its bank, and is ...
A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby by Laura Wattenberg
Tierney, Marlowe, Adair, Carson, Aislinn, Greer Brothers: Eamon, Winslow, Sutton, Quinlan, Rhodes, Westley, Brennan, Locke *Afton is a romantic, literary, old-fashioned girl's name, but it sounds like a contemporary androgynous invention.
Afton is a man that uses to be here and a ...
Afton is a full-service global petroleum additives supplier. It has a strong commitment to innovative technology and world-class research. It operates a state-of-the-art research facility in Richmond and a European research and test facility in ...
The WPA Guide to Louisiana (2013)
The Pelican State by Federal Writers' Project
Afton is a 40room mansion believed to have ...
by Grace C. Keroher
Afton Beds Middle Devonian : Northeastern Michigan. [G. M. Ehlers] ...
The Route 66 Encyclopedia (2012)
by Jim Hinckley
According to Oklahoma historian George Shirk, Anton Aires, a Scottish railroad surveyor, bestowed the name Afton on this...
The post office initially opened in 1886, and as a railroad and farming supply center, Afton became a community of ...
Comprising the Several Counties, Islands, Cities, Burgh and Market Towns, Parishes, and Principal Villages, with Historical and Statistical Descriptions: Embellished with Engravings of the Seals and Arms of the Different Burghs and Universities by Samuel Lewis
AFTON-BRIDGEND, a village, in the parish of New Cumnock, district of Kyle, county of Ayr ; containing 261 inhabitants. This village is situated on the banks of the Afton, a small stream tributary to the river Nith, into which, flowing northward ...
Containing, in Addition to Elevations, the Latitude, Mean Annual Temperature, and the Total Annual Rain Fall of Many Localities; with a Brief Introduction on the Orographic and Other Physical Peculiarities of North America by Joseph Meredith Toner
AFTON, Union co., Iowa, 1223 e. AFTON, Washington co .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afton
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Afton
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Traveling with Purpose
- Afton, WY
Afton, WY. Which is evident
Photo credit: Julia Manzerova
- Afton Mill
The old Afton Mill, located on Sinking Creek in Afton, Greene Co. TN. Mill became a Feed store before being closed. It has now been abandoned for more than 30 years
The texture used in this image is from Kerstin Franks Textures.
Texture: Texture Lavender.jpg in Texture Set 1g
Photo credit: bill.showalter
- Afton Husks
Photo credit: kc7fys
- Afton Field
Photo credit: kc7fys
- Afton Canyon
Photo credit: lovz2hike
- Afton Valley
Starlit night in the Mojave Desert
Photo credit: The Decipher
- Spooky Cave Afton Canyon
Photo credit: lovz2hike
- Afton State Park Treescape
Afton State Park, Minnesota
Photo credit: martinpatrickphoto
- Afton Mountain Near Charlottesville Virginia
Photo credit: rebrandedtothecore
- Lake Afton
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Photo credit: dinovitale
Videos about Afton
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Afton!
Scrabble value of A1F4T1O1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AFTON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Afton!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Afton to see it in context!