On this page:
Ag is sometimes a misspelling of age.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ag
What does ag mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonyms of Ag: atomic number 47 / silver
- more generic terms: noble metal = any metal that is resistant to corrosion or oxidation; conductor = a substance that readily conducts e.g. electricity and heat
- more specific term: coin silver = a silver of the degree of purity established for making legal silver coins
- substance of: silver = coins made of silver; argentite = a valuable silver ore consisting of silver sulfide; sterling silver = a silver alloy with no more than 7.5% copper
Other definitions of ag
What does ag also mean?
- See Agriculture.
- [South Africa] Expressing annoyance, remorse, surprise etc.; oh, ah.
- Ag a.k.a. Algeria, officially People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, is a country in the Maghreb region of North Africa on the Mediterranean coast. Its capital and most populous city is Algiers. With a total area of 2,381,741 square kilometres, 90% of which is desert, Algeria is the tenth-largest country in the world, and the largest in Africa and in the Mediterranean. The country is bordered in the northeast by Tunisia, in the east by Libya, in the west by Morocco, in the southwest by Western Sahara, Mauritania, and Mali, in the southeast by Niger, and in the north by the Mediterranean Sea.
- also known as People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, The People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, Algerie, Democratic and Popular Republic of Algeria
- founded in (53 years ago)
- part of Africa, Maghreb, Arab world, Mahgrib
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- Algerian capital / Algiers = an ancient port on the Mediterranean
- Annaba = a port city of northeastern Algeria near the Tunisian border
- Batna = a town in north central Algeria
- Blida = a city in northern Algeria at the foot of the Atlas Mountains to the southwest of Algiers
- Oran = a port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city
- Constantine = a walled city in northeastern Algeria to the east of Algiers
- Djanet = a desert town in southeastern Algeria
- Hippo Regius / Hippo = an ancient Numidian town in northwestern Africa adjoining present-day Annaba in northeastern Algeria
- Reggane = a town in central Algeria
- Timgad = an ancient town founded by the Romans
- Timimoun = a town in central Algeria in the Atlas Mountains
- Atlas Mountains = a mountain range in northern Africa between the Mediterranean and the Sahara Desert
- member of: Arab League = an international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation; OPEC / Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries = an organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum
- member: Algerian = a native or inhabitant of Algeria
- read more about Algeria (country)
- Ag a.k.a. Ág is a village in Baranya county, Hungary.
- Ag a.k.a. 751001 is a Postal Code.
- AG a.k.a. Alex Green is an American football running back for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League. He played college football at The University of Hawaii. He was considered one of the better running back prospects for the 2011 NFL Draft. He ended up being selected in the third round, 96th overall, by the Packers in the 2011 NFL Draft.
- read more about Alex Green
- Ag a.k.a. Amir Garrett is an American professional baseball player. Garrett is a pitcher in Minor League Baseball as a member of the Cincinnati Reds organization. Additionally, Garrett played college basketball for the St. John's Red Storm men's basketball team.
- AG a.k.a. Andre Barnes: AG was a member of the musical group Diggin' in the Crates Crew.
- read more about Andre Barnes (composer)
- AG a.k.a. Agnès Guillemot was a film editor.
- read more about Agnès Guillemot
- AG a.k.a. Alex Gale is an actor.
- read more about Alex Gale (actor)
- Ag a.k.a. Aruba Airlines: Arubaanse Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V., operating as Aruba Airlines is an airline in Oranjestad, Aruba. Previously a charter airline it will start scheduled operations in early 2013 with service to São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport. Aruba airlines will begin operating to Miami in September and also a few other destination will be added this year.
- Ag a.k.a. Agni Air Pvt. Ltd. was an airline based in Nepal which started operations in March 2006. It had its headquarters in Kathmandu. The airline ceased trading in November 2012.
- also known as Agni航空
- Ag a.k.a. Air Trans Africa was formed by Jack Malloch in 1964 after his first company, Rhodesian Air Services failed in 1962. It operated a Super Constellation, a Douglas C-54 and a DH114 Heron aircraft before Southern Rhodesia's Unilateral Declaration of Independence. The airline's financial crises were compounded when Ian Smith's government declared independence on November 11, 1965.
- AG a.k.a. Aktiengesellschaft is a German word for a corporation that is limited by shares, i.e., owned by shareholders, and may be traded on a stock market. The term is used in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. It is also used in Luxembourg, South Tyrol and for companies incorporated in the German-speaking region of Belgium.
- read more about Aktiengesellschaft
- ag: .ag is the Internet country code top-level domain for Antigua and Barbuda.
- also known as .ag
- official website: www.nic.ag
- Ag a.k.a. Fly Aruba was an airline company based in Aruba. Formed in 2010, the company had filed for bankruptcy by June 2012 after failing to receive regulatory permission to fly and not paying salaries to its local workers.
- also known as Fly Aruba Airlines
- Ag is a file format.
- AG a.k.a. Spacing Guild Calendar is a fictional calendar system.
- read more about Spacing Guild Calendar
Scrabble value of A1G2
The value of this 2-letter word is 3 points. It is included in the second edition of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.