Again appears in the following tongue twister:
- Swan swam over the sea.
Swim, swan, swim!
Swan swam back again.
Well swum swan!
Again appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- My help squeezed in and joined the weavers again before six o'clock. (55 letters)
Again appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Niagara, O roar again!
- Niagara, O roar again.
- Niagara, ban a bar again.
On this page:
- Definition of the adverb again
- Other definitions of again
- Phrases with Again
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Again
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Again
- Photos about Again
- Video language resources about Again
- Sign language
- Quotes about Again
- Scrabble value of A1G2A1I1N1
- Anagrams of AGAIN
- Share this page
Again is sometimes a misspelling of against.
The word again is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adverb again
What does again mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
Alternative definition of the adverb again
- [obsolete] Back in the reverse direction, or to an original starting point. [definition 10th-18th c.]
- Back (to a former place or state). [definition from 11th c.]
- [obsolete] In return, as a reciprocal action; back. [definition 13th-19th c.]
- Another time; once more. [definition from 14th c.]
- Over and above a factor of one. [definition from 16th c.]
- [Used metalinguistically, with the repetition being in the discussion, or in the linguistic or pragmatic context of the discussion, rather than in the subject of discussion.] [definition from 16th c.]
- Tell me again, say again; [used in asking a question to which one may have already received the answer, but cannot remember it.]
- I ask again, I say again; [used in repeating a question or statement.]
- Here too, here also, in this case as well; [used in applying a previously made point to a new instance; sometimes preceded by "here".]
Other definitions of again
What does again also mean?
- [obsolete] Against.
Again: Lunhui English name Again, are a Chinese rock band formed in 1991. They were one of the first Beijing rock groups to sign with a Japanese label, signing with JVC and producing the album Xīnlèjí in 1997.
- albums: "Qidai", "Chaoyue", "Wo de taiyang"
Again was an Irish Thoroughbred racehorse and broodmare. She was one of the leading Irish two-year-old fillies of 2008, when she won three of her five races including the Debutante Stakes and the Moyglare Stud Stakes. She recorded her most important win when taking the Irish 1,000 Guineas on her three-year-old debut, but was beaten in her three subsequent races.
- born on (8 years ago) in Republic of Ireland
- "Again" is a song by American singer-songwriter Janet Jackson, appearing first as the closing song to Jackson's debut film, "Poetic Justice", and later included on her fifth studio album, janet.. Written and produced by Jackson, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, the ballad was released as the album's third single on October 12, 1993 by Virgin Records, and talks about reconnecting with an old flame. Originally an experimental sound Jam and Lewis was considering for the album, they did not give the song serious contemplation until the film producers from Poetic Justice requested a ballad for the film's soundtrack.
- music by Terry Lewis, James Samuel Harris, Janet Jackson
- "Again" is a song by American rock musician Lenny Kravitz, being the only new song from his first Greatest Hits album, released in 2000. Written, arranged and produced by himself, "Again" was initially set to be on his sixth studio album, however, Kravitz found out that the song didn't fit the tone of the album, releasing it as the lead-single from the compilation on September 14, 2000 through Virgin Records. The mid-tempo rock ballad finds Kravitz wondering if he will ever see his former lover again and if they will reunite once more.
- "Again" is Japanese pop rock singer-songwriter Yui's thirteenth single, and first single after she went on hiatus in November of 2008. "Again" was released on June 3, 2009 by her label Studioseven Recordings and was released in two formats: CD and CD+DVD.
- also known as again ~YUI Acoustic Version~
- music and lyrics by YUI
- "Again" is a song by Alice in Chains, released on their album Alice in Chains. The song was included on the compilation albums Nothing Safe: Best of the Box, Greatest Hits, and The Essential Alice in Chains. A remixed version of the song was included on the box set Music Bank.
- "Again" is the fourth mini-album by Japanese recording artist Ayumi Hamasaki. It was released on 8 December 2012 in two editions: CD+DVD and CD-Only.
- "Again" is a popular song, recorded by many singers. This was before the ridiculous term "cover version" was invented. The music was written by Lionel Newman, the words by Dorcas Cochran. It first appeared in the movie Road House, sung by Ida Lupino An instrumental rendition was used in the movie "Pickup on South Street". By 1949, versions by Vic Damone, Doris Day, Tommy Dorsey, Gordon Jenkins, Vera Lynn, Art Mooney, and Mel Tormé all made the Billboard charts.
- "Again" is the first single by Flyleaf from their second album, Memento Mori. It was announced on July 29, 2009, that "Again" would be hitting radio August 25, 2009. The song was added to the play lists on Flyleaf's official site and the band's official Myspace page on August 19, 2009. The song was officially available for digital download on August 25, 2009. It is also featured in iPhone application Tap Tap Revenge 2, is downloadable content for Rock Band 2 and is a playable track in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and Power Gig: Rise of the SixString.
- "Again" is the Alan Stivell's seventeenth album released in 1993 under the Keltia III label by Disques Dreyfus and Sony Music in France. He registers again his greatest successes of the seventies with updated arrangements and help of prestigious guests : Kate Bush, Shane MacGowan from the Irish group The Pogues, the Senegal singer Doudou Ndiaye Rose, the French singers Laurent Voulzy and Breton singers Gilles Servat and Yann-Fañch Kemener.
- genre: Celtic rock
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Again" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music by 新田一郎
- "Again" is the debut album from French musician Colder, released on Output Recordings on July 7, 2003. The album was produced in Paris, France, and features the singles "Crazy Love" and "Shiny Star.
- genre: Dance music
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Again" is a song by American recording artist Faith Evans. It was written by Ivan Barias, Carvin Haggins, and Evans and produced by Carvin & Ivan for her fourth studio album The First Lady. A midtempo R&B record with heavy neo soul and Motown influences, it features a sample from American soul group The Whatnauts' song "Genuine", penned by Jerry Harris, and Venus Dodson.
- "Again" is the second studio album by K-pop group, Jewelry. It was released on July 31, 2002 on Star Empire Entertainment.
- "Again" is the second album by Australian dance music duo, Pnau. The album was released in 2003 on Warner Music Australia and reissued in the UK on independent record label Underwater Records.
- "Again" is the second studio album by the pop rock singer Oliver released in 1970.
- genre: Pop rock
- released in (45 years ago)
- "Again" is a song by American recording artist Jessica Sutta which featured American musician, deejay and record producer Kemal Golden. It will be released as her second single from her debut album Sutta Pop, which has yet to be released, via Citrusonic Records. The track comes after the release of Sutta's number 1 dance single Show Me. It was released on March 26.
- "Again" a.k.a. "... Again": Donnie McClurkin... Again is a musical album by Donnie McClurkin.
- also known as Donnie McClurkin... Again
- released on (12 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- "Again" is a musical single of Lenny Kravitz.
- released on (14 years ago)
- "Again" a.k.a. "Again!" is an album that was nominated for Best Jazz Album in the 1980 Juno awards.
- "Again" is a 2011 single album by Bruno Mars.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "again" is a musical single of YUI.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Again" is a musical album of 2ge+her.
- released on (14 years ago)
- "Again" is a musical single of Yui Sakakibara.
- released on (8 years ago)
"Again" is a drama film directed by Junichi Kanai.
- also known as Yurusenai, aitai
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- producers: Nobutaka Katô & Sôichirô Koga
- executive producer: Yoshiro Hosono
- written by Junichi Kanai
- cinematography by Toshiyuki Kiyomura
- edited by Junichi Kanai
- music by Tôru Yoshida
- genre: Drama
- rating: G
- released on
"Again", known in Japan as Again: FBI Chōshinri Sōsakan, is an adventure video game developed by Cing and published by Tecmo for the Nintendo DS. It was released in Japan on December 10, 2009 and in North America on April 2, 2010. It was originally titled Again: Eye of Providence.
- mode: Single-player video game
- publisher: Tecmo
- released on (5 years ago)
Phrases with Again
Phrases starting with the word Again:
Phrases ending with the word Again:
- Say Again
- Come Again
- fill again
- once again
- over again
- then again
- never again
- Think Again
- To and again
- now and again
- To Come Again
- All Over Again
- time and again
- Here We Go Again
- Please Say Again
Other phrase containing the word Again:
View more phrases with the word Again in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Again
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Compiled for the Use of Common Schools in the United States by Noah Webster
to celebrate again Recency, n. a new state, newness, lateness Reoen'sion, n. an enumeration, review Recent, a. new, fresh, late, not long passed Recently, ad. newly, freshly, lately Recentness, ...
Folens Dictionary (1999)
by Fred McDonald
renew verb renews, renewing, renewed 1 To renew an activity means to begin it again: We renewed our efforts the next morning. 2 To renew something means to replace it with something similar but new: Your pass must be renewed even/ ...
An etymological dictionary (1821)
by William Grimshaw
re, again, and animate. REASON. s. Rational faculty; mind; cause; motive; justice; moderation. F. raison; L. ratio: from ratus, part. of reor, to suppose, or judge. REASONABLE. adj. Rational; just; moderate. F. rai- sonnable. — See REASON.
by Benjamin Clough
particle implying again, but, on the contrary; assuredly, certainly. geo«80, Punarnawa, s. (g«o£ punar again, «a©...
Sinhalese English Dictionary (1982)
by B. Clough
(gas again, repeatedly, »8 birth, production) nail of the finger or toe; second birth. geatt, Punar, ind. particle implyuig again, but, on the...
sentient soul alluding to its existing again after the dissolution of one body in another form. , Punarbhu, s.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Again
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Again
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Rachel Hoefling
Photo credit: JP Carrascal
Photo credit: BJMorley
Photo credit: mkreul
Photo credit: mkreul
Photo credit: break.things
... and to think it all began with just a little kiss...
Photo credit: ♥ Lourdes ♥
Photo credit: pasa47
Photo credit: angelocesare
- Music again
Photo credit: Vince_Ander
- Time & again,
Photo credit: just_go
- Snoopy, again.
Old, but gold.
Photo credit: Sunshine Lady !
- Summer again
Photo credit: diblasio61
- BK again >=)
Photo credit: @bin_s3eeed
- Spot Again
Everything is going so well this week. Lots to do, but lots of fun. Hope your week is good too.
This is a crop of an earlier photo.
Photo credit: Lida Rose
- Stewie again
Photo credit: Y'amal
- Misty Notendijk again
Photo credit: Meneer Zjeroen
Photo credit: systim_01
- NYC Again
Photo credit: cj171
Photo credit: faceleg
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Again
Click on an item to play that video:
- Failing The British Slang AGAIN
- REALIST NEWS - CFTC delays position limit "swaps" definition AGAIN
- Learning the real meaning of MPH - again.
Yet another woman can't solve the world's easiest math problem....
- Hands Like Houses -A Definition of Not Leaving Again acoustic
Hands Like Houses playing acoustic at The Vera Project in Seattle.
- Come again Meaning
Video shows what come again means. Could you repeat that? Repeat that please.. Come again Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- Again Meaning
Video shows what again means. Back in the reverse direction, or to an original starting point.. Back (to a former place or state).. In return, as a reciprocal action; ...
- Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi : Ishani gives explanation again but Ranvir .....
Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi : Ishani gives explanation again but Ranvir .....
- Ayutha Ezhuthu :Debate on "Is Again Language War Politics or Necessary(24/1/15) -Thanthi TV
Ayutha Ezhuthu : Debate on "Is Again Language War Politics or Necessary... (24/1/15) at 8 PM on Thanthi TV Catch us LIVE @...
- Eurythmics - Here comes the rain again(Symbolic Language rmx15)
Eurythmics Here Comes the Rain Again Symbolic Language - Remix2015.
- Language debate seems to be heating up in Quebec again
Sat, Jul 11: The Mayor of a Montreal suburb is trying to keep a city councillor from speaking French and English. As Mike Armstrong reports, hardliners are ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Again!
Click on an item to play that video:
- NYC Mayor's Sign Language Interpreter Steals the Show yet Again
With a blizzard on the city's doorstep, New York City Mayor Bill Blasio held a number of press conferences throughout Monday and Tuesday. But despite the ...
- See you again Sign Language...
- AGAIN in sign language
- "AGAIN"-Baby Sign Language- ASL (Portland Oregon)
Use American Sign Language (ASL) when signing with your baby! This week's sign from Tiny Talkers is "AGAIN."...
- Baby Sign Language: Again
How to sign "again" in ASL.
Quotes about Again
MY blood so red
For thee was shed,
Come home again, come home again;
My own sweet heart, come home again!
You've gone astray
Out of your way,
Come home again, come home again! (Anonymous)
more quotes about again...
Scrabble value of A1G2A1I1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGAIN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Again!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Again to see it in context!