Against the Current
On this page:
- "Against The Current" is a 2009 film released by Ambush Entertainment starring Joseph Fiennes, Pell James, Justin Kirk, Elizabeth Reaser, Martin Shakar, Mary Tyler Moore, and Michelle Trachtenberg.
- also known as Gegen den Strom, A contracorriente, Kontra sto revma
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Peter Callahan
- producers: Mary Jane Skalski & Joshua Zeman
- executive producers: Matthew Leutwyler, Miranda Bailey, Jonathan Gray
- production design by Tommaso Ortino
- art direction by Miles Michael
- written by Peter Callahan
- Joseph Fiennes as Paul Thompson
- Justin Kirk as Jeff Kane
- Elizabeth Reaser as Liz Clark
- Mary Tyler Moore as Liz' Mom
- Michelle Trachtenberg as Suzanne
- Pell James as Amy Thompson
- Martin Shakar as Boatyard Owner
- Constance Barron as Aunt Karen
- Amy Hargreaves as Sarah Kane
- Seth Kanor as Officer Lefurgy
- Samantha Sherman as Katie
- Nimo Gandhi as Pasthule
- Avery Glymph as Fisherman #1
- Chad Brigockas as Fisherman #2
- Tom O'Rourke as Dock Man #1
- John Rue as Dock Man #2
- Douglas Odell as Dock Man #3
- Maggie Brown as Little Girl on Waterfront
- Perry Callahan as Older Girl on Waterfront
- casting by Kerry Barden, Billy Hopkins, Suzanne Smith
- cinematography by Sean Kirby
- edited by Michael Taylor
- music by Anton Sanko
- costume design by Annie Yun
- set decoration by Helen Fitzgerald & Meg Vinson
- genres: Indie film, Drama
- released in (7 years ago)
- "Against The Current" is a 2013 short film directed by Laura Honey.
- "Against the Current" is a film, directed by Dmitri Delov.
- country: Soviet Union
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Against the Current
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Christine Ammer
against the current 0 See swIM AGAINsT THE cURRENT. age t See ACT oNE's AGE; AWKWARD AGE; CooN's AGE;GoLDEN AGE; IN THIs DAY AND AGE; OF AGE; RIPE 0LD AGE; UNDER ...
With Short Explanations of the Most Ordinary English Law Terms by William Bell (d.1839)
By our earlier practice, all offences against the current coin of the realm, e.g. counterfeiting, vending, disguising or importing it, seem to have been considered treasonable, and were punished capitally, whether the coin was gold, silver or brass ...
Over 9,000 terms clearly defined by Bloomsbury Publishing
credit contrariancontrarian /kɒn|treəriən/ adjective going against a trend contrarianresearchcontrarian research /kɒn|treəriən ri|stʃ/ noun research that shows you should buy shares against the current trend contrarianstockpickingcontrarian ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
The usual rate of towing against the stream is from 1 7 *o 10 rr iles a-day ; and to make even this progress the windings of, the river require the boats to be dragged against the current at the rjte of 4J miles per hour, for 12 hours. When the ...
A Thesaurus Dictionary of the English Language Designed to Suggest Immediately Any Desired Word Needed to Express Exactly a Given Idea (1906)
A Dictionary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, Foreign Phrases, Pronunciations, a Copious Correlation of Words by Francis Andrew March
Against the current. . Against the grain.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Against the Current
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Against the Current
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Against the Current
So many people are throwing up their hands because the world has gotten so dark, but I went against the current and I actually found more light and positive energy. That was a great feeling. (Sophie B. Hawkins)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Against the Current to see it in context!