On this page:
Definition of the noun agalinis
What does agalinis mean as a name of something?
- semiparasitic herb with purple or white or pink flowers; grows in the United States and West Indies
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Agalinis: genus Agalinis
- more generic term: asterid dicot genus = genus of more or less advanced dicotyledonous herbs and some trees and shrubs
- member of: family Scrophulariaceae / figwort family / foxglove family / Scrophulariaceae = a family of dicotyledonous plants of the order Polemoniales; includes figwort and snapdragon and foxglove and toadflax and speedwell and mullein
Phrases with Agalinis
- Agalinis laxa
- Agalinis Nana
- Agalinis acuta
- Agalinis flava
- Agalinis Albida
- Agalinis aspera
- Agalinis Bangii
- Agalinis Erecta
- Agalinis Gangii
- Agalinis Glauca
- Agalinis Kingii
- Agalinis Rigida
- Agalinis aphylla
- Agalinis Greenei
- Agalinis harperi
- Agalinis Humilis
- Agalinis Kingsii
- Agalinis setacea
- Agalinis tenella
- genus agalinis
View more phrases with the word Agalinis in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agalinis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Ecology for Eastern North America by Donald D. Cox
Salt-marsh agalinis is an annual found in salt marshes along the Atlantic coast from Nova Scotia and Maine to Florida, Texas, and Mexico. Sea lavender ( Limonium carolinianum, fig. 5. 1 3) is a perennial with small pale purple or lavender ...
Florida Ethnobotany (2004)
by Daniel F. Austin
Agalinis is an American genus with about 40 ...
by Tatiana Wielgorskaya, Armen Leonovich Takhtadzhi͡an
Agalinis Raf. Scro- phulariaceae Tomentaurum G. L. Nesom. 1991. Asteraceae. 1 Mexico Tommasinia Bertol. 1837 (Angelica L.). Apiaceae. 1 Central and South Europe Tonduzia Pittier = Alstonia R. Br. Apocy- naceae Tonella Nutt. ex A. Gray.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agalinis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agalinis
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of A1G2A1L1I1N1I1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGALINIS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Agalinis!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Agalinis to find many related words and phrases!