On this page:
- Definition of the noun agamemnon
- Phrases with Agamemnon
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agamemnon
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agamemnon
- Photos about Agamemnon
- Video language resources about Agamemnon
- Quotes about Agamemnon
- Scrabble value of A1G2A1M3E1M3N1O1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun agamemnon
What does agamemnon mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- (Greek mythology) the king who lead the Greeks against Troy in the Trojan War
- example: When Achilles would draw his sword to slay Agamemnon, Athena, invisible to all else, holds him back by a lock of hair. Here Homer shows us the gods as the psychology of ancient Greece.
- domain: Greek mythology
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- instance of: mythical being = an imaginary being of myth or fable
- Agamemnon: The fictional representation for Agamemnon, a Greek mythological figure.
- also known as 阿伽门农
- child of Atreus and Aerope
- occupation: Monarch
- parent of
- in films:
- Agamemnon is a fictional character in Marvel Comics.
- Agamemnon is a fictional character from the Dune universe created by Frank Herbert, but is mainly featured in the prequel trilogy Legends of Dune, written by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. He is the head general of the Titan reign.
- Agamemnon is the fictional representation a Greek mythological figure.
- Agamemnon is a fictional character from the 1975 film Mandingo.
- Agamemnon is a fictional character from the 2012 drama film Maelstrom.
- Agamemnon is a fictional character from the 2014 film Mr. Peabody & Sherman.
- "Agamemnon" a.k.a. "Agamenon" is a book by Aeschylus.
- "Agamemnon" is a book by Edward FitzGerald.
- "Agamemnon" is a book by James Thomson.
- also known as "Agamemnon a tragedy ; acted at the Theatre-Royal in Drury-Lane, by His Majesty's servants"
"Agamemnon" is a composition.
Who is Agamemnon?
Agamemnon a.k.a. Agamemnon Andrianos is a sound mixer.
- read more about Agamemnon Andrianos
- Agamemnon is a 1977 theater production of the play by Aeschylus.
- Agamemnon is a 2005 theater production of the play by Aeschylus.
- award: - Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Director of a Play nomination for Gisela Cardenas
Phrases with Agamemnon
Phrases ending with the word Agamemnon:
- Chilo Agamemnon
- Caligo Agamemnon
- Oryctes Agamemnon
- Graphium Agamemnon
- Scianomas Agamemnon
- Leptocerus agamemnon
- Rhopalurus Agamemnon
- Androctonus Agamemnon
- Euxestonotus agamemnon
- Species Chilo Agamemnon
- Species Caligo Agamemnon
- Species Graphium Agamemnon
Other phrases containing the word Agamemnon:
- Papilio Agamemnon Appius
- Papilio Agamemnon Exilis
- Papilio Agamemnon Kineas
- Papilio Agamemnon Pedius
- Papilio Agamemnon Ligatus
- Papilio Agamemnon Andamana
- Papilio Agamemnon Guttatus
- Papilio Agamemnon Decoratus
View more phrases with the word Agamemnon in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agamemnon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Renaissance Hybrids (2016)
Culture and Genre in Early Modern England by Gary A. Schmidt
THERSITES Agamemnon is a fool; Achilles is a fool; Thersites is a fool, and, as aforesaid, Patroclus is a fool. ACHILLES Derive this; come. THERSITES Agamemnon is a fool to offer to command Achilles; Achilles is a fool to be commanded of ...
Calculated to Point Out the Different Meanings to which the Words are Applied by Samuel Ayscough
— Agamemnon is a fool ; Achilles is a fool ; Thersites is a ...
The Classical Review (1922)
The plot against King Agamemnon is a plot of fire and water, Clytaemnestra and Aegisthus. With the sacrifices and libations, the incense and the unguents, the fire that heats the cauldron, the waters of the marriage bath, the oil of the anointing ...
by William George Clark, William Aldis Wright
Agamemnon is a fool; Achilles is a fool; Thersites is a fool, and, as aforesaid, Patroclus is a fool. Ac/ril. Derive this; come. T/zer. Agamemnon is a fool to offer to command Achilles: Achilles is a ...
by Jennifer R. March
Clytemnestra thewifeof AGAMEMNON, king of Mycenae; though according to one traditionshe first marriedTANTALUS (2), son of THYESTES, and hada son by him. Agamemnon murdered bothTantalus andthe boy, thentookClytemnestra for ...
A Dictionary of Polite Literature; Or, Fabulous History of the Heathen Gods and Illustrious Heroes ... (1804)
AGAMEMNON, king of Mycenze and Argos, was brother to Menelaus,and son of Plisthenes the brother of Atreus, though Homer to do them honour, (Plisthenes having died without performing any thing memorable) makes them the sons of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agamemnon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agamemnon
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: thirteenthbat
The supposed mask of Agamemnon in the National Archaeological Museum Athens.
Photo credit: kameraadpjotr
Mt. Arapiles. Victoria.
Photo credit: blachswan
Mount Arapiles. Victoria.
Photo credit: blachswan
- Agamemnon's Dream
watercolor 30 x 20
Photo credit: Anette Schaeffer
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Agamemnon
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Agamemnon
Scrabble value of A1G2A1M3E1M3N1O1N1
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Agamemnon to see it in context!